How to install games?

Hello:

I don’t know how to install MSN Escargot Games. I cannot find any information on how to install them.
May could anything help me? What should I do with the XML?

Thanks,
Carlos_A

1. I think you’re talking about YellowGames. That has since been discontinued, along with the owner’s other “services”. And since the games utilized msgrp2p.xml, which fetched them from a remote server, it’s useless.

2. Also, those MSN Activities weren’t supposed to be locally “installable” in the first place. Their msgrp2p.xml file was expected to be fetched from a server and cached. But due to the caching functionality, it is possible to forge one into the right directory, and if someone had the same “installation”, the activity could be initialized.

So yeah, unless Escargot had a game portal for MSN set up, you’re at a dead end, kid.

OK. Somebody will some day do them again?

If they were to be working again, they would be hosted on Escargot, and MSN clients would be modified to connect to the Escargot services to retrieve the activities correctly. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is complicated?

It shouldn’t be, but the existing activities have missing assets (e.g., graphic components and XMLs), so it’s more complicated than it should it be. :stuck_out_tongue:

But YellowGames worked. Nothing that was used there can be used?

Tic-Tac-Toe had some custom recreated assets, which could be improved upon. But without those replacement assets, they’re graphically or even fully broken.

I would like to help, but I don’t know how.

It’s not important right now (even though I’d like to waste time playing Tic-Tac-Toe with my contacts), so we’re not looking for time to get the activities running. :stuck_out_tongue:

What Escargot projects are active now?

Projects? What do you mean? :stuck_out_tongue:

Things. What’s the Escargot team working now on?

Oh.

We’re still working on that Yahoo! Messenger frontend, along with trying to piece the complicated puzzle that is WLM 2009. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve tried to revive them by following old tutorials, and things like that. I’ve published Tic-Tac-Toe (here) and now, activities and games keep trying to connect, then fail.
XML.zip (572 Bytes)
That’s the (updated) XML I’ve used.

Me and @deathlife23 decided to only get Escargot Games back to the projects. The other ones will remain discontinued.

So Escargot Games won’t dissapear?

Well… yea?

OK. I just asked (again) because I tried to connect yesterday and they didn’t work.

EDIT: Actually it was two days ago.