Good software for Windows XP?

Chrome is way worse than Firefox when it comes to ram/cpu usage

1 Like

The only XP machine I’m responsible for is part of a sound mixer and used for recording purposes. Both Audacity and SoX are used. They work just fine on XP.

An older version of Bittorrent Sync is used in the background to sync files that are created.

I think you say so because you have so much crap installed on your browser

I use FL STUDIO for audio stuff

Don’t use utorrent!!! Please, It’s a mining software. Please use something like bitcomet, It has a very “XP” UI and still supports XP: BitComet - A free C++ BitTorrent Download Client

@Cartoon

3 Likes

older versions of utorrent are fine

at least Try bitcomet, I bet you’ll love it. And old versions of utorrent COULD be vournable.

1 Like

I’m no torrent guy, but i think i’m going to use Bitcomet instand of the broken Qbittorrent or the Spyware-bloated uTorrent.

1 Like

Good boi

in my usage most of the time both uses the same amount of ram and CPU, so i disagree with you here

1 Like

I can agree with you, @Macintosh_Lapfan, I’ve never seen any differences between Firefox and Chrome’s performance.

if you think utorrent is “spyware-bloated” then you’re probably the kind of person that just clicks “next” without looking at what the setup program is asking you

i’ve used utorrent for years and have gotten spyware as a result of it zero times

exactly

I still don’t trust uTorrent due to the suggestive ads, which are mainly ethier fake online dating ads or just “made in china” anime games whose gimmick is boobs.

1 Like

removing ads is easy on utorrent tho

but still, i prefer other clients, such as BitComent.

I use XP and it works perfectly. I will list the software and its versions that I use:

• Browsers: Mypal, Firefox ESR 52.9.0, Basilisk and Chrome (not recommend)

• Players: Winamp 5.666, AIMP3 v3.60 build 1503 (last version XP compatible), Spotify native app 0.9.15.27 (very light, low RAM) recommended for slow PCs specs, Realplayer 10 (nostalgic for me)

• CD/DVD burner: Nero 6 Ultra Edition 6.6.1.4

• IMs: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Escargot , AIM 5.1 recommended (Phoenix), Yahoo! Messenger 6.0 (Phoenix)

• P2P and torrent: uTorrent 1.8.5 (17414) (the 2.2.1 version is best), eMule 0.50a, Ares 2.5.3.3079

• Several: WinZip 10, 7-Zip latest, Snes9x 1.60 SNES emulator, Adobe Reader 9.5.5 (nostalgic for me), PowerISO, IncredMail, Photoscape, Microsoft Plus! for XP, Microsoft Encart 2009 Premium, mIRC latest, The Matrix Trilogy Screensaver

• Tools: Firemin, CurrPorts, Tweak UI

• Antivirus: Avast, Microsoft Security Essentials (The last database is from the beginning of the year)

Be sure to keep XP fully up to date (POSReady or not) by installing patches that came out after support ended, such as WannCry patch and Bluekeep for example.
Close all system ports with external access (TCP 135, 137-139, 445, UDP 1900), disable uPnP.

5 Likes

Wait…
wut? and lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He has quicktime

1 Like

oh, i forget that