Escargot seems to be down

Same. :confused:

This is what I was worried was going to start with this HTTP auth server shutdown.

1. People aren’t going to die just because their precious little MSNP replacement server is partially functional.

2. I have said this almost a million times, but MSN 4.6 AND LOWER STILL WORK IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THAT OPTION ENABLED!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I’m just hoping that @valtron will update us on the situation, because 12 hours down is a considerable amount.

1 Like

18 hours in Venezuela now, @valtron save us!!!

if its down for maintenance they gave us no warning

Since the last time this happened, the MSNP TCP sockets were acting up, I can only assume that aiohttp, the server library that hosts the HTTP stuff for Escargot, including the necessary services for MSN 5.0+ auth, is acting up. This is the only reason why you can’t log in on those versions of MSN Messenger, and why you can magically log in onto MSN 4.6 and below.

Pretty sure the MSNP servers would also be down if that were the case, and the website would still be up with at the very least, a notice.

like a notice the night before it was taken down

And that’s one of the reasons why @valtron should be more active here.

not really tbh, he probably lurks signed off

Do you think so?

yea

Ok then.

From what I’ve heard from him, @valtron doesn’t come on here anymore due to the somewhat dwindled quality of the forum as a whole (especially during/after the @Leo_Historias nonsense). :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, he told me on several occasions that he does lurk around the forum sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

:eyes:

I wanna know would you guys really wait more than 18 hours just so you can use wlm 14 if maybe he was adding the download to the site

or something like that

Who knows, really? :stuck_out_tongue:

yea but how is this related