Escargot MSN in smartphone?

@valtron @TReKiE @tristanleboss please look at these

4 Likes

com.play.wlm Messenger Play! for Android - Download the APK from Uptodown

3 Likes

I manage to make it start: Chat box

I have yet to figure how it communicate with the serverā€¦ I see nothing in Google Chrome Web Developer Tools.

Itā€™s missing some image files and one of the image files comes from another version and is not correct hence the graphical bug.

6 Likes

@tristanleboss nice job! thatā€™s a good start on the messenger.

2 Likes

would be released as an apk file? so we can install on adroid?

3 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s optimized for mobile. But, if the framework behind this works, anyone can code a new Messenger.

For now, Iā€™m still stuck at understanding how this thing communicateā€¦ if you try to change the status, nothing appears in the Developer Tools: no error, no network trafficā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m improvingā€¦ I recreated the structure of the response made by the 2 webservices.
I was able to automaticaly add a group. Iā€™m trying to understand how to add a contact (itā€™s possible but I donā€™t know the structure).

By putting a breakpoint on Microsoft.Live.Core.Channel.js at line 399, I managed to see the message prepared to be sent to the serverā€¦ the breakpoint is triggered if I change my status, change my status text, add a contact, ā€¦ I just need to know why this message go nowhereā€¦

5 Likes

Continue to dig, it seems the actual sending is done through an iframe which is on the page and the Javascript postMessage function.

Messages are queued in array MLC._MLCC$5.$B, are processed by function MLC._MLCC$5.$20 (Microsoft.Live.Core.Channel.js, line 354). They are then sent to the iframe by window.postMessage. The iFrame is supposed to grab this message and do the actual sending to the server: this is, for the moment, the non-working part.

5 Likes

Actually, I discovered the link I posted earlier doesnā€™twork for people except me. So, I created a test page:

http://crealya.fr/wlwtb/test1/messengerbar.php

It dontains the Messenger Bar. I only tried it in Chrome. You click the ā€œSign Inā€ button at the bottom right. In the window which opens, you also click the ā€œSign Inā€ button. The page will reload and the bar will appear with a user logged in.

WORK 1: If someone knows how to refresh the bar after the sign in completed instead of reloading the whole page.
WORK 2: If someone understand (thanks to the preivous information) why the iframe doesnā€™t do anything with the message it receivesā€¦

8 Likes

for the record, jMSN-0.5.10.tgz is from 2004 so it can be revived; iā€™ve reported that on @valtron

5 Likes

im very sorry i made a mistake

these are mac versions.not mobile.

2 Likes

i found these but i dont think that can be revived cause its from 2006, what do you think @valtron ?? msn-jar.zip (287.9 KB)

2 Likes

well it depends on how the jarā€™s code is made.

3 Likes

if it supports msnp12 then i think it can be revived

3 Likes

yes thatā€™s what we are hoping for. :slight_smile: we need it to support msnp12.

2 Likes

i think we must open an issue on gitlab

2 Likes

i tried to patch itā€¦ and bricked the app.

2 Likes

that would be cool

3 Likes
4 Likes

i have another two versions. one is a basic app, it contains some languages (spanish, english, japaneseā€¦) its like you posted.

and this is the file uncompiled Windows live messenger.zip (127.8 KB)

these are the last version for j2me, provided in mexico by telcel
wlm_telcel.zip (1.6 MB)

2 Likes