Email received from AOL about Yahoo and themself

Hey everyone,

I just got an email message from AOL saying that Yahoo joined them. I think this is a very bad idea. Yahoo never listens to anything their consumers say to them. here is a quote from the email message AOL sent.

Dear Member,

In June 2017, Yahoo and AOL joined forces to create Oath, a media and technology company with a dynamic house of global brands, and a part of Verizon. It’s an exciting venture that we believe will bring a host of new innovations and digital experiences for our users. With Verizon, Oath can provide you with better experiences and services.

This is a very bad thing for AOL and it’s Customers. :frowning:

honestly, why did they send the email a year after it’s meant for everyone?

they did that because they’re starting to be stupid like all other companies are.

Idk what Oath is though… IM?

I think I got that message recently too. It also obstructed my entire screen when I clicked on a Yahoo Answers page the other day. I have a feeling that the shutting down of AIM has something to do with this merge of the two companies. Maybe they thought it was pointless keeping AIM and Yahoo Messenger open at the same time?

I have no idea but it makes me want to eat a raw onion. :frowning:

I remember getting something like that, too when I logged onto my Yahoo! that I don’t plan to use until Escargot’s Yahoo! Messenger frontend is live, but like with @Mist_Chaser, it covered the whole screen.

And iirc, one of the policies basically translated to “If we screw up big time, make sure to cover us up and let us get away with murder.” It’s just phrased to sound very formal, but it is fishy either way.

I was looking forward to using their dial service but now this happened. I don’t think I want to do that anymore.

There’s always MSN Internet Access. :stuck_out_tongue:

Combine that with a version of MSN Explorer 11 that hasn’t been struck with the blue butterfly, and you have an AOL-like deal.

does that even work on Windows XP? I won’t be able to use MSN explorer if it doesn’t work with Windows XP as I don’t have windows as my main os.

It should. Especially since the program comes bundled with a removable patch that makes MSN Explorer compatible with Windows 7 and above. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I ever get a windows pc it won’t be Vista, 7, 8 or 10 :stuck_out_tongue:
instead, it will be Windows XP whether supported or not. until Microsoft fixes their crap I don’t think I’ll ever go anywhere above Windows XP. if anything I would downgrade to Windows Millennium Edition or all the way down to Windows 3.11 or even down to MS-DOS 6.22 / MS-DOS 7.1.

1 Like

well Windows 8.1 is not broken at least and its very fast … ( off topic yeah no need to remenber me )

It may be fast but it’s still a privacy violation to me. if they not going to fix that problem then I not going to use it.

Windows 8 ? but this only happens with Windows 10 ( i think )

lowkey at least upgrade to vista sp3

sure vista has a dog shit reputation but that was at laoh fuck it just do 7

*SP2

SHIT THE FUCK!!! I DID IT WRONG!!! HOLY TITS!!!

blah blah filler filler filler

1 Like

lol

nope, staying with XP until Microsoft realizes their stuff has turned bad.

2 Likes