Default Display Pictures

These are the default display pictures Messenger generates in a new user account.

Zip containing all default display pictures: DefaultDPs.zip (190.4 KB)

Beach%20Chairs
Beach Chairs

Chess%20Pieces
Chess Pieces

Dirt%20Bike
Dirt Bike

Friendly%20Dog
Friendly Dog

Orange%20Daisy
Orange Daisy

Palm%20Trees
Palm Trees

Rocket%20Launch
Rocket Launch

Rubber%20Ducky
Rubber Ducky

Running%20Horses
Running Horses

Skateboarder
Skateboarder

Soccer%20Ball
Soccer Ball

10 Likes

i love so much this 2 :stuck_out_tongue: especially since i used it on windows xp when i was 4 year old

Too HD 4me :smiley:

I know what you mean, I think everyone knows some/all of these.

A good friend of mine used the rubber duck for their entire Messenger time (ie. 10+ years) and I associate that image with them specifically. Once I bought them some rubber ducks for their birthday for fun :wink:

2 Likes

lol , he probaly loved the gift :wink:

1 Like

It looks like you can use them for photoshop/paint.net for doing some edits.

Orange daisy is my favourite picture on msn and xp :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah, the nostalgia. Not to mention they’re actually great pictures too! If only there were full wallpapers of some of them.

1 Like

My favorite

fact: the PFP you get when you first login to escargot is based on system time by the minute. (at least thats all i know, but im not the person to login to 1000+ accounts at the same time)

Jonathan and it’s creativity.

Rubber Duck appears in IE 1.0 commercial:

1 Like

Yeah

How did you even got these? I couldn’t find them anywhere on the internet.

Pssst… Resource Hacker :wink:

When you sign into Messenger for the first time, as part of the creation of your local ObjectStore of emoticons, backgrounds, et al, it pulls out these default resources and puts them in the UserTile folder along with any future ones you add (in older versions as .DATs and in 8.x+ .DT2s).

So all I had to do was rename them appropriately and here they are :slight_smile:

1 Like

image image
They are not the same duck… The eyes are different + there are no wings.

1 Like

Anyways is a duck, not a chiguire.