[Debate] Skype Vs WLM

Bonsoir Malosito

Je vous ai répondu par le biais de votre adresse mail en vous ayant invité comme vous l’avez souhaitez vous êtes tjrs hors connexion et je n’arrive pas à vous ajouté sur escargot sur MSN Messenger tout ai écrit en anglais

Bonne soirée dans cette attente

2 Likes

I consider Skype to be a separate product with different goals and feature set. Each being good at certain things and not so good at others.

At the time Microsoft bought Skype, I automatically assumed Skype would be merged into Messenger, and Messenger would continue on with Skype capabilities. It shocked me when they killed the product completely and abandoned people to Skype without an obvious upgrade path.

Amusingly, they have since abandoned the Skype protocol and P2P network and it now runs on MSN Protocol 24, so in a sense they made Skype into Messenger, without any of the advantages of the Messenger client. Based on the recent Skype upgrades on Android/iOS/UWP, they still don’t see any value in the Messenger features as not a single one has been added.

Considering that IM is largely a service to add value to your other products (everything from the original AOL AIM, to Blackberry’s BBM, to Apple’s iMessage and FaceTime), I can only imagine how much ‘value’ has been lost by abandoning Messenger and Skype. I think it’s a great example of upper management not knowing the true value of company assets and making bad decisions.

8 Likes

Yeah, MSN Messenger Rocks! #MSNMessenger4Life

1 Like

Be happy:

I wonder how Microsoft do to fail almost every products they release…

1 Like

[quote=“tristanleboss, post:24, topic:1101”]
I wonder how Microsoft do to fail almost every products they release…
[/quote]Because they don’t listen. This has changed somewhat since it started to become very obvious to anyone that they were losing ground across the board on what used to be the top tier products of the company.

Last time I checked in though, Skype (the product group/company) was still mostly doing its own thing without Microsoft influence, which is probably a bad thing as it clearly could benefit from some of the Microsoft cultural changes that have gone on. I do disagree with the assessment that the new “experience” is the worst ever though, it’s just more of the same and it’s not any better or worse than before. You can easily ignore the new functions and after that, it’s just GUI changes.

2 Likes

That what happens when you buy the competitor to avoid competition.

1 Like

An opinion from 2009!

1 Like

the last good windows was windows 7

2 Likes

me too

WLM:Great dont have escragot server for 2009 and 2012

1 Like