Can't install messenger escargot

Hey there! For some reason I can’t install it. Everytime I download it and try, it says that I have a more recent version of messenger, but I’ve checked many many times and there is no folders or anything who can prove that. I’m a big msn fan and I really wanna use it again, please help me!

Have you tried looking in the Add/Remove Programs panel in Control Panel to see if MSN Messenger is still installed? :stuck_out_tongue:

Any idea what version you were using before? To start, go to Apps and Features or Programs and Features, or Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel, look for Windows Live Essentials or Windows Essentials and uninstall Messenger using that method.

If that’s not listed there, you can give ZapMessenger a try as it won’t hurt, but it won’t help the situation if you were using versions post 2009 before. If that’s the case, knowing some other information like what version of Windows you’re using would be helpful.

3 Likes

hello im on w10 and i have same problem (i downloaded msn reviver 2 before) and it didnt appear in control panel so i manually deleted folder in program files but i still have the same error message :’(

oh didnt see its 1year old topic… rip

Assuming you haven’t done anything else, going back to the Control Panel and uninstalling Windows Essentials 2012 (it’s not under Messenger or Windows Live) should do the trick to quickly resolve this.

If that’s not the case, please start a new thread in this category with more of the technical details.

hello well i delete essentiel as well (from control panel) and still same

ok the zap thing fixed my issue apparently^^

1 Like

I am glad to hear it and thanks for the follow up :slight_smile:

now i just need to find french fellows to talk with and i can start to enjoy the nostalgia^^ ty for ur help btw and sry for waking up old topic

yup, I’ve checked but there’s nothing

Have you installed any other versions of MSN recently?

Regardless, try ZapMessenger as @TReKiE linked.

hey, so I’ve “factory reseted” my computer and I’ve now been able to download the WLM 8.5 but it won’t log in. I’m using windows 10. the error that pops up now it’s the “80048821”

Never mind, I just realized that I had to create the account on the escargot website, it has now logged in :smile:

• xD