Can't connect at all

Problem description: I can’t connect to Messenger at all. I’m using my netbook. I was using Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 on it, and I could use 5.0-7.5 flawlessly. Since I have ever installed Windows Vista Home Premium, I cannot use any of the versions.

Error code/error message: Depends on the version though. Anyways, in 7.5 and 8.1, I get 80048821.

What has been tried so far: I went to http://m1.escargot.log1p.xyz as one of the Messenger Revivers suggested. I got a certificate error, then a couldn’t find the page error. I followed the steps, and nothing changed.
I tried logging in multiple times.
I created a helload of new accounts.

Messenger version: I tried all of them. And I’ve been trying them all again since an hour.

Windows version: Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2

1 Like

You don’t need to do any special crap to get versions of MSN working on Vista, just install the prepatched versions.

• someone who tests compatibility of messenger apps on Vista
2 Likes

Maybe just updates on Windows Update and it should be working just fine

1 Like

Thanks, I’m going to try that.

Doesn’t work tho ._.
anything else I can try? I cannot access Discord and I’m extremely bored already.

You’ve tried every version?

I have indeed.

Even 1.0 - 4.7?

You seem to only have mentioned 5.0 - 8.5.

Maybe tls 1.0 is disabled

Oh… I forgot all about them.
Actually I might try

Also no, TLS 1.0 is enabled.

Hmmmm look if ssl 2.0 and 3.0 are disabled in the internet options

Yes they are. I followed up Jonathan Kay’s steps.

Hmmm then i cant help you anymore since this is strange :blush:

But did you try to login again and again because i do that on xp and logs me in :slight_smile:

So I have just tried 1.0-4.7 and they worked flawlessly. The thing is, I added a friend of mine and he seems offline yet he’s online.
I will struggle a bit more, and if that doesn’t work either I’m honestly considering downgrading back to XP.

Dude, you can upgrade to Windows 7 or something and then everything works properly.

Trust me, my main OS is 7.

Dont.Let the guy use any os he wants.

so you are saying that we need to force he to use a os that he dont want ? :stuck_out_tongue:

he tried to say No Let the guy choose :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, I use 7 on my main PC too, but now I’m using my netbook since I’m away from my hometown for a few days.