[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

Dear TheGuy, :slight_smile:
Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile: Well, I never gave up hope so I always checked this forum because I felt that someone will do magic here. :slight_smile: By the way, messing with the display scaling is not a good idea because it will resize everything else in the system, even if I change the value a little bit only. The problem is with the messenger itself because it shows everything small as a default, and although it does have the option of changing the font size (affecting only the messages), it is limited to 16 pt which is too small for these tired eyes of mine. :slight_smile: I do remember that I was suffering from the same problem when I started using the MSN Messenger in the “stone age”, but unfortunately I do not remember of the solution. Maybe the new WLM 2009 itself or the new version of Plus Live! had the option to make the font bigger than 16 pt. We’ll see it, when WLM 9 is in action. :slight_smile: Thanks again for everything, you made a lot of us very happy with your efforts.

3 Likes

Dear GrumpyCat,
Great news, we are very lucky to have people like yourself because you are the ones that are able to make dreams come true :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There’s the option in Plus! Live to override the font of your contacts messages, which also allows you to change the size to anything above 16pt, but that’s as far as it goes to my knowledge. In the Plus Live preferences, select the Conversations tab and go to Formatting. You can then check the option “Override the font used by my contacts by default” and click on the “Choose Font” button to change the font and/or size before applying your changes. There’s no need to restart Messenger either as the changes will appear as soon as a contact sends you a message.

BTW, thank you for sticking around for Escargot’s efforts and giving it a chance. :wink:

5 Likes

Is there any new progress?

Slowly reaching the point where the installer script for the '09 installers will be finished. After that I’ll have to edit them by templating them for different WLM 2009 builds/languages. Then there’s doing the Yahoo Messenger installers and automating its patches but otherwise that’s it for the installers.

14 Likes

:pog:

Yhaaaaay ^~^

Hooray :partying_face:

So… What time more until WLM? I gues 5 days!

How much do you guess?

• Next day?
  • This week!
  • Soon… Just, soon…
  • Next month, maybe
  • No one knows so don’t do this!

0 voters

i always take everything with a huge grain of salt, because if it turns out to be untrue for the better, i’ll be surprised and feel good about it, but if i’m right for the worse, i’ll still be right in the end

2 Likes

I don’t think creating a poll trying to predict when WLM 2009 support will come out is going to make things any better. In fact I feel it’ll just kinda overblow the hype and enforce some sort of false hope into people, which is something I’d like to avoid happening again. My honest words: just wait until an official update comes in lol.

BTW I voted on the poll just to see the results and while the majority of the votes are reasonable (“just soon” :wink:) right below that 25% think it’ll come out this week. I feel sorry for whoever expected that to be the case. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Ok, you’re right

1 Like

Hellow! I left a reply again because today I rewatched MLP Rainbow Roadtrip on RTV :slight_smile:

So it’s June 1st, and how’s the progress, @OhHelloThereImTheGuy? :smiley:

And you know why I’m inactive on forum lately? Because I only waiting for WLM 2009 to be happening. Period. :frowning:

2 Likes

Attempting to finish the installer script for WLM 2009 and then I can put my attention on the other things that need to be tended to. I’ll be a little busy for a while so progress won’t be quick anyway.

10 Likes

DONT SAY NEVER :slight_smile:

That was a joke. And from 2 years ago. Might want to calm down with the WLM 2009 obsession for a bit.

6 Likes

i literally got a notification for this

1 Like

status?

Installer stuff for WLM 2009 is technically complete but I have to refine it so that it isn’t so clunky as it is right now. That’s all I have to say on the matter.

19 Likes

good luck :smiley:

1 Like