[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

forget it, this will be ready by 2030

Why the pessimism? These things take time, especially when you aren’t working with a lot of people. It’s not going to take 10 years to finish though and I highly doubt it will.

11 Likes

no no, that was just bland out extremely rude and immature, imagine you working hard on something and someone walks up and says “forget it, this will be ready in a long time”

8 Likes

I have to agree with my pals here. You are a rude and disrespectful piece of shit.

2 Likes

release date N E V E R xD JK

Heck NO :slight_smile:

Yes because taking the time we can get to making this release as stable and bug-free as possible is non-existent. I’ll just stamp that patching component that has a program-breaking bug where it’ll crash MSN Messenger 5+ on anything below Windows 10 that’s yet to be fixed as stable, assemble the installers, and roll everything out as-is. Sadly I doubt you’d be able to use WLM 2009 on anything below Windows 10 due to that bug I mentioned earlier, and then thousands of complaints will be raining on us asking us why they can’t use WLM 2009 on its originally intended Windows versions even though we knew way before we released everything but neglected to properly take care of the problem.

TL;DR: There’s a good reason why we aren’t making recent progress with WLM 2009 at the moment but we’re aware of the circumstances involving this release and we want to make sure we don’t take forever on it. Being a downer isn’t going to make that faster or help though.

9 Likes

Stop complaining without a valid reason.
ALL HAIL THE DEVS!

4 Likes

yeah be a good boy and wait instead of complaining that it isnt out yet, be patient is all im asking

4 Likes

stop being impatient dicks and w a i t f o r i t t o c o m e o u t, development doesn’t go fast, especially with a small team.

5 Likes

Weeeeeeeeelllllll till this coronavirus pandemic finally ended huh? :slight_smile:

Soo good and sweet news :smiley:

Again, not confirmed.

1 Like

Ouh sorry :sleepy:

It’s fine lol

1 Like

Any news?

Nothing regarding this, sadly. However we’ve been working on supporting a client that supports the MSN service on a platform named WebTV (it was also called MSN TV). It’s been talked about on here a few times so you can just search around and probably get an idea of it’s life, but it was basically an internet-on-TV sort of platform that aside from a few features isn’t very interesting on its own.

6 Likes

OK so I got the “MSN crashing on anything other than Windows 10” issue fixed finally. The culprit was that the DLL code was passing the domain name parameter in one of the API hooks through a function that checks if it’s anything that has to be rerouted to Escargot services, and returning it from there without checking if the value was marked as null or not, which apparently matters if the code should run in a stable manner. Fixed it so it doesn’t touch the value if it’s null, and now the DLL works on Windows XP as it should at least.

In terms of getting a solution for automatically patching all clients with the new patches along with installers for WLM 2009 and Yahoo! Messenger done, afraid I won’t be able to get that done with TReKiE at my side, at least for the time being, so I’ll try to manage at least the automatic patching tool by myself. Whether the custom installers will be done in a timely manner, I can’t guarantee for sure especially since I won’t be tackling those myself due to me having no experience in that field. If things get dire I’ll have to try to convince TReKiE to work on those, but for now the status of that once we get to that stage is TBD. Otherwise things should be going at a normal pace and I hope the release can come out soon. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

finally some progress :stuck_out_tongue: keep up the good work

very cool OhHello, thanks for the awesome things.

Good work!

1 Like