[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

(sorry for the bump) Anything new with patching?

I think we’re still waiting for valtron :slight_smile: We’re patient

2 Likes

waiting noises

This wlm 2009 topic not surface pro.

i know, i am just saying that cuz ppl flagged my post without motive

I was already planning to flag Pedrox’s unrelated thing

the “no way” part combine

Where’s Valtron though, its been like half a year. Has anyone had any recent activity with him?
and no, im just asking.

Still active elsewhere (email and GitLab), and his situation with MessengerGeek hasn’t changed. As for him doing anything with the Escargot server, I assume he’s still in the same predicament with not having enough time to fully execute things properly. Just hope it doesn’t go on for longer than it should.

9 Likes

Thanks for the response, sure hope that the release doesn’t stretch. :smile:

2 Likes

I encourage you all, I wish you of luck

i hope valtron gets enough time to release wlm 2009 in the near future hopefully around christmas

3 Likes

So I was able to reach out to valtron yesterday about his work situation, and his reply surprised me. He’s gotten a full-time job again either around later on last year or the beginning of this year. This probably explains why we haven’t been able to make any progress with releasing the server updates or distributing clients yet, as he most likely doesn’t have as much time to make any big changes to his hobbyist and non-profit project as he used to two years ago. At this point, I can only assume we’ll get any updates when he’s sure he’ll be able to have time to roll out the changes successfully without his job getting in the way.

8 Likes

well only time will tell. lets see if he gets a day off or goes on vacation or something soon

thanks for the report

1 Like

There’s christmas soon, but I shouldn’t get my hopes up too much

It’s better to be stable than to implement something and be problematic. Iron out all the problems and even if it takes 2 years to release then so what. :smile:

1 Like

Great work!
but if valtron is not going to intervene properly, it is of no use, thanks for the contributions but this gives for a while …

I don’t think it’s that valtron doesn’t want to intervene, but more that he can’t due to his job cutting into the amount of time he can work on his own stuff. While it does put Escargot into a sort of limbo, I’m sure valtron will be able to squeeze in some time for Escargot when he gets the chance.

The server really needs update, it keeps going down everyday :frowning: . Sad that Valtron does not have time. I don´t mind if wlm2009 is not realeased, I would only like the server to be stable.

1 Like