[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

Really? yak! each to their own though. :grinning:

considering you have the option to ignore everthing else and just install WLM, i would not mind that at all, tho i actually like the other pograms so i normally install almost everthing

1 Like

Ah yes movie maker,photo gallery, Windows live mail etc

I love WLM 2009’s design, it reminds me of the old 2012 days. (where everything was better imo)

There was a little more to WLM 2009 than simple UI upgrades. It also had proper animated avatar support, MPoP, or Multiple Points of Presence, which allowed people to log on to Messenger with the same account on multiple devices, and Circles (officially named Groups), which were basically persistent group chats. While Circles won’t be implemented in Escargot’s release due to technical complications, the other two features will, and those are enough for people to get hyped. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Whatever tickles peoples fancies no matter how small it’s all good. :partying_face:

Then you can or not? because I do not understand anything of what happens

1 Like

Good news! I finally got the “Switcher 2.0” DLL hook to work with wlcomm, effectively making WLM 2009 fully patch-able. I’m hoping @valtron can replicate the same results, as that’d mean actual testing of the server and review of everything that will be released an go underway.

In the meanwhile, I’m modifying the current site to better reflect Escargot’s new plans and goals, and that should come out when the next server updates are given the greenlight.

14 Likes

that’s good news! - effectively. :heart:

1 Like

hype?

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Can’t wait for WLM 2009!

The hype train is getting closer to it’s destination, boys!

3 Likes

that’s good to hear

1 Like

Sadly, the Switcher DLL can’t even reroute login services for WLM 2011 and 2012. This is because it outsources the Microsoft account service for this capability (yes, on Windows 7, too; just with an Essentials version of the service). Noting that this is used in Windows 8 and 10 for user accounts on the machine and for apps, adding the import to the service would be detrimental. While not a concern right now, a practical solution would be to rename the service Messenger requests in the binaries, and have that service mock the necessary Microsoft account service functions, but use Escargot’s services instead of Microsoft’s.

14 Likes

I can feel the hype already!

Bump. But WLM 2009 might come out next week.

3 Likes

oh ok

Well Done Escargot. Keep It Up

more like by the next 2 months or so

No.
https://forkies.cockblocked.me/i/ac49.png

2 Likes