Any way to bring Windows Live Profiles back?

Does anyone else remember these profiles? I think they were around 2008-2009 and I don’t know how much they lasted until they disappeared. I just remember I had so much fun posting stuff on my friends’ profiles! I know nowadays there are similar places to send notes, post your favourite books/albums, YouTube videos, etc, but it’s just NOT the same!

So my question is… Is there a way to bring them back? Or at least the next best thing, most similar option to it?

1 Like

copied image due to broken link

1 Like

No plans for any revival of this from Escargot. It’s too broad and complex a service to implement into our service, especially since Escargot has switched goals to become more of a multi-protocol server that’ll have integrated accounts and functionality between protocols (so they can talk to each other basically).

1 Like

Yep, and we tryed this before with escargot spaces, as you can didn’t work very well, it’s now shuted down

1 Like

I would love to see this back. Especially when escargot starts supporting WLM11 and we get that feed on the contact list.

2 Likes

Why do people keep forgetting about the fact that Escargot’s also reviving YIM?

1 Like

I will say, i find the Windows Live Profiles interface pretty neat, we can actually try to do it by coding and take or remake the CSS of Windows Live Profiles

1 Like

It’s sad to hear that. But it’s good to see I’m not the only one missing this service!

I haven’t really, and I’m actually looking really forward to it! (btw this is bob_smith’s school alt)

1 Like

Ayyyy, another school alt!
-PF94

1 Like