Any plans for an MSNTV-replacement server?

like 2000 years

They actually ended the service in 2013 I think.

1 Like

whoopsy I meant to change DNS entries to fool MSN TV it is connecting to replacment servers (which need to be created)

well it would be dope if replacement servers could be created

idea : use raspberry pi or arduino or something to make a new device then make your own server :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Connecting To WebTV / MsnTV in 2019

10 Likes

i am very intrested

how you do that is awesome

It’s private right now so you’ll have to dm Matt_Man and he’ll help you out as long as it’s ok with the server owner

Server invites are on pause for the time being. We will open them up again soon. It’s nice to see that some people are still interested in WebTV.

1 Like

Cool! Nice to see something like this actually exist, even if it is private.

will you open source the server so it doesn’t get lost if you ever decide to quit or something happens?

I doubt that would ever happen but whatever
(edit: never mind)

I’m working on something that I think will make a few people happy. I can’t release the wtv server source files (for now anyway) but there was a WebTV emulator that was created back in 2001 by eMac. You can connect to it just like you would a real wtv server. There is a lot that can be learned from it and I think if others got there hands on this they could make a pretty sick personal server for them selves. Right now I’m putting together a package that includes eMacs WebTV EMU plus some other stuff and plan to make a video showing how it all works, how you can connect to it with the box, etc… Might be a week or two.

1 Like

I probably messed something up but here it is

2 Likes

cool! Thanks man

i have a server in the works (based off Matt’s code & “someones” “borrowed” server)
its fully open source (GPL) and it is here GitHub - samdisk11/OpenTV: MSNTV/WebTV Private Server Revival. Based off eMac&MattMan's WebTV emulator. and you can get developer versions (kinda broken on some versions) here GitHub - samdisk11/OpenTV at TestDrive i recommend you use rev 75 of the testdrive branch because it supports webTV and msnTV1/2 boxes (ethernet only unless you use matt’s pi thing (go look it up) ) even matt and emac favorited and forked it

1 Like

Server invites are back on if anyone would like to join.

e-mail me

2 Likes

i would love to join it, but my fucking pc crashes any time i try to conect resulting in a memory error, just for old services huh

Wait, can you port this on wii please?