Any experts on msnp18?

hello! i’m the creator of Aerochat, a discord client which looks like WLM2009. i’m currently working on a typescript MSNP18 server for native discord interop. however, the login process is currently getting stuck on “Your contact list is not available right now”. looking further into this, the log files give error “0x81000378”, which, after some research, is also known as “MSGR_E_AUTH_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE”. what am i doing wrong?

I don’t know alot about MSNP at the moment, but a good place to start is the MSNPSharp source code, which i have reuploaded on GitHub, pre-patched for Escargot here

Btw, i already knew your program existed, but never bothered downloading it cuz i don’t care about old internet anymore, but i’ll take a look

did you researched the nina wiki or spoofed the traffic to know what you’re doing wrong?

https://wiki.nina.chat/wiki/Protocols/MSNP/MSNP18/Example_Session

there’s also my own try to understand the protocol. it uses MSNP9 and can send or receive messages, get contact list and change presence (like dnd or away)

this is unhelpful since i’m writing a server, not a client, and msnp9 is wildly different to msnp18 anyway

@Animadoria