Any 3rd party clients that can work on Escargot?

I tried Trillian 3.0, however, it doesn’t let me connect.

From doing some simple text searches Trillian 3.0 started using MSNP10, which by then required HTTPS login. Unfortunately Trillian does something similar to Pidgin and splits up the domain and path into separate strings, so patching that out in the respective binary is out of the window. Also I doubt it’d work as well as Trillian 0.74 with Escargot (which uses an older protocol that doesn’t require HTTPS) since it has problems with chatting. As for other options, all I’m aware of is Pidgin and aMSN. For Pidgin since it stores URLs the same way as Trillian in the binary you’d have to modify the source code and compile it from scratch (not worth it). I think aMSN might be a little more on the lenient side since it has a configuration file that’s almost versatile for connecting to different servers, but take that with a grain of salt (might be the same deal with Trillian in that it assumes the main MSN server is the only thing that needs modification).

There might be other third party MSN clients out there that can be salvageable, but I’m not aware of those right now and that’d require some searching on your own time.

5 Likes

Pidgin/Audim, I found a fork of the MSN Pecan plugin which connects to Escargot.

1 Like

I’ve already known that for almost a year, and it seems like nobody has ever got it working.

I had it working.

you probably already know this, but mercury?

everyone knows about mercury, it’s a half-baked shitty application from like 2011 that didnt work for a while

1 Like

Tru

what bout aMSN?

Dount know

mercury still doesnt work its bulls*** (i had to censor because it won’t let me post without the censor)

it used to work, until escargot added support for WLM 2009 and Yahoo and Mercury stopped working

1 Like

bullshit

With a few modifications, possibly emesene or aMSN

It works nowadays,after a few of us gathered communication logs in the Discord server(MG is mostly abandoned by Escargot) try it again

it got fixed

THANK YOU

i’ve started spending time in mobile quite a lot, but since i’m back into programming i feel like im spending more time in pc than mobile again

The reason i didnt use my phone very often is beacuse i didn’t have my own phone, so i had even more limited time then the PC, but not true anymore (i got a Mi A3 a while ago)

But late, but found out its for Linux