And... Goodbye Windows 7

Time to upgrade to Windows 10 for some extremely shitty flat design and government spying, Thanks Microsoft.

6 Likes

not that bullshit lie again

1 Like

Of course it is a lie, it’s 100% fabrication. Now please give me your GPS location and let me automatically check settings that give information to Microsoft without your approval.

4 Likes

That thing about the automatically checked options is actually true. I don’t remember if I saw that installing Windows 8.1 or 10, but it did have some options about sending information automatically selected, and then had some more in a somewhat hidden option that you could easily miss if you don’t know what you’re looking for. The same with making a local user account instead of signing in to Windows with an email, there was an option with very small text on a corner that let you do that, but it was relatively easy to miss. Pretty shady stuff.

nooooo :(((((((((

i mean you have to pay for support until 2023 but :man_shrugging:

for me best is windows xp

i know end update in 9 april 2019 but not problem for me

Windows XP is better than Windows 7 IMO

vista is better than xp, just like 2000, and 7 is paired with vista sp2

1 Like

Vista would be sucessfull if

1. Didn’t require too much system resources
    or
  2. The computers would be more advanced on that time

If you try Vista ona VM with 2GB’s and 256MB of VideoRam optionally Acelerated 2D Graphics You will love it

Win7 Was succesfull because after vista, Computer manufacters were forced to upgrade their hardware but ASAP so Yeah

edit: Also it didn’t help that no os upgrade was found until 8 yrs after xp relase

those are also the years when microsoft was so dominant in the pc market that they could do whatever they wanted, vista contributed to change that

Only sign of end of support. You will receive security updates on the last day of support, and you are still good to go for a one more month of use of Windows 7.
I hope someone smart will tweak windows 7 (like Windows XP) as embedded and official support should be extended by 2021-10-12.
Real problem of dying Windows 7 is not only of Microsoft ended support, but the hardware might be involved in more than two reasons.

1. Some Windows 7 supported hardware might start failing due to its obsolescence.
  2. New Hardware might not be compatible e.g. Drivers etc. like some of specific hardware (for example: hard drives over 2TB) supports UEFI Bios mode only.
    And so on…

I have an cr4cked AOMEI Partition Assistant one and tested converting BIOS to UEFI and it worked fine (expect it’s display Vista bootscreen).

My PC (from 2012) run Windows 7 fine but newer hardware require install in BIOS mode if works, then convert BIOS to UEFI, if disk is more than 2TB, try extend using AOMEI Partition Assistant.

windows 7

dead

no omg stop

AOMEI Partition Assistant sounds like a great solution, I’m still using it sometimes, but before around 2010~13th I used “GParted (Ub*ntu stuff)” instead, by the way its free so, thanks anyways.

However, somebody poster “Windows 7 dead” I’d say its not dead yet, but rapidly-slow dying OS starting since 2014, affecting included software such as Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, DirectX and the final nail in the coffin is Windows Live Messenger.

Last gift from Microsoft to Windows 7 is future update of DirectX12 and Chromium Based Edge Browser, no kidding, no point.

I’m got it on Windows 7, but some features like Sync is not working.

I like the old Windows 7 builds, not 7601. or 7602.

7602 is not a real build or it could be an unleaked post-rtm build of windows 7.

nope, i don’t think a windows 7 SP2 was ever planned, since when 7 SP1 came out, Windows 8 was in active developement.