[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

So how about you do a thread where you can tell we how far is the WLM 2009 progress going?

This is that thread. Anyone trying to believe otherwise is blind.

3 Likes

how about you just lock the thread and then unlock it when there is something new? just saying!

2 Likes

he isnt a moderator

1 Like

when wlm 09 will be supported

its still in the works, be patient

1 Like

oh ok

One of the reasons why I’m so excited for WLM 2009 support is because it’ll finally allow people to patch the iOS version of WLM to work with Escargot. I don’t own a (functional) Android device, so my options for using MSN on the go are pretty limited at the moment. Once WLM 2009 support goes live and the iOS version has been patched, I’ll be able to install it on my iPod Touch and use it while I’m taking a walk or going to the store, with my iPhone acting as a WiFi hotspot!

Also, I have a question: will WLM 2011/2012 support take less time to implement than WLM 2009 support did?

2 Likes

not really, MSNP21 is much more of a pain to reverse engineer than MSNP18

Hey, aren’t you that same party pooper that went on about WLM 2009 not coming fast enough because you don’t realize Escargot isn’t a large team and that the people working on this currently are few and far between and aren’t complete professionals? It took two years partly because, to be honest, I was pretty amateurish and introduced bugs or certain things that shouldn’t have been there, but also because proper documentation on the protocol WLM 2009 used was scattered all over the internet and it took lots of trial and error to get it working on Escargot’s infrastructure. Escargot’s development team right now is mostly amateurs, and we only try our best to make what comes out the most quality it can be. If you can’t accept that and just sit down for a little while longer, then go ahead, preach to us about how Telegram is better just because it has those fancy features you wanted from Escargot but couldn’t because we’re still taking our time with the release. Escargot isn’t a company, and for the people working on it, including me, this isn’t our job . We do as much as we can and if we start to lost interest we have the option to focus on other things that we enjoy until we feel ready to tackle Escargot again.

On a side note, I won’t be updating this thread as much as I feel more comfortable doing that on Escargot’s Discord server, adding onto the fact that this forum itself has gotten pretty dead and the people who come on it don’t really come for any worthwhile content. Once everything is confirmed to be out I’ll post about it here, but that’ll be about it for me coming on MessengerGeek period. I’ll then be able to finally abandon this wasteland and focus my time on things I’d actually enjoy being a part of.

11 Likes

MSNP21 works on mercury but badly

1 Like

Thanks for the hard work on this!, so nice to re-live something. well done :smile: fantastic team. I like that you can use older versions for classic OS’s.

Does the old Mac version run? I’m guessing it would and would just need to be reverse engineered…

Keep up the fantastic work!

4 Likes

So bad that you can send the messages, but your contacts can’t see them and vice-versa.

Yes! Work on classic MacOS, System 7.5, mac OS 8 and Mac OS 9.

Just changing/creating the HOST file.

Very good, simple as that. How about the OS X one?

Version 3.0 might work with similar procedures, but that’s a PowerPC build so compatibility is limited these days. Anything after that though I believe uses HTTPS to authenticate. Since the Escargot server doesn’t support anything older than TLS 1.0 (with select cipher suites) and the versions seem to stick with using SSL 2 and 3 (probably unsupported TLS 1.0 suites too), getting those versions to work is impossible right now. Also the more recent versions are 32-bit Intel so they won’t work with Catalina.

2 Likes

Cool, be good for the classic Mac OSX (Cheetah/Puma/Jaguar/Panther/Tiger) - Once I get my mits on a PPC mac again I’ll happily test/help if need be (want a G4 Powermac to do OS9/OSX)

:messenger:

Hey all. Just decided that I’ll stop posting WLM 2009 updates here.

If any of you want updates regarding WLM 2009 or any future Escargot news, check the site or join Escargot’s Discord server.

23 Likes