Msnp links

Hi, as some of you may know, I’m working on getting MSN running on Linux, and like @kbhasi suggested here, I started researching the libmsn source code.
I found some links in /trunk/msn/soap.cpp from line 119

But the thing is: they don’t fully match
imagen

What do I do with this? or does it even matter at all?

1 Like

Assuming you’re changing the strings and recompiling it from source it won’t matter, it’s the right service.

This is for the address book/ABCH SOAP requests (abservice.asmx, sharingservice.asmx) andcurrently Escargot hosts them on all the service URLs (ebyrdromegactcsmsn.log1p.xyz, m1.escargot.log1p.xyz, etc.) although probably best to go with the recommended host in case that changes later on.

1 Like

i know it describes it, but does it really have to look that werid

It doesn’t really matter. As long as it links to any related .asmx services that ebyrdromegactcsmsn.log1p.xyz uses, it’s fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@TReKiE @OhHelloThereImTheGuy
In the libmsn source files I could only find these links:

is it enough with those?
Also, when I test if it works and it gives me an error, how do I know if the mod doesn’t work or if it’s the server having troubles?

To address messenger.hotmail.com not being found in the code, I’d say go look into the source files that look like they handle NS (Notification Server) stuff. Might be using an IP address instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the XML tab config, I don’t think aMSN, or any third-party MSN client, for that matter, utilized it.

And since there are the WLM-related links, there is no Nexus auth in the libmsn version aMSN uses. Go look for the RST handler. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nothing… The only file containing URLs is ‘soap.cpp’.

However, I did see in Kopete that you can change the server and port from ‘messenger.hotmail.com:1863’. I changed it to ‘m1.escargot.log1p.xyz:1864’

Is the port ok?

EDIT: With custom libmsn (changed some things, compiled and installed) and fresh Kopete install, got Wrong password errors. I’ll try modding Kopete’s MSN plugin. Wish me luck ;w;
Also noted that in console, there were “The kwalletd service has been disabled” errors… actually, a lot of them

EDIT 2: In wlmaccount.cpp from Kopete’s source code I found 3 more links:
http://messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx
http://www.hotmail.com
and
KToolInvocation::invokeBrowser(QString::fromLatin1(“http://members.msn.com/default.msnw?mem=”) + contactId() in wlmcontact.cpp

1864 does work, but why aren’t you using 1863? Anyway, your issue right now is with authentication.

With these third-party clients work differently from Messenger and you won’t be able to strictly use Escargot patching documentation to make them work. For instance, in soap.cpp, you’ll need to replace login.live.com with m1.escargot.log1p.xyz, as that’s what (presumably) is doing the login and you’ll be hitting the real Microsoft account server otherwise.

Some alternative suggestions you might consider:

• Per this post: aMSN with Escargot Support?, aMSN can be made to work already, albeit with some sort of memory leak problem. I had forgotten about this, but it may work differently now since there’s been server changes since, or you might be able to figure out what’s causing the leak. It’s in tcl so you don’t need to keep compiling it.
  • You could try modifying emesene, which is my favourite third-party Messenger client. It’s in python, so you can also mess with it easily.
  • You can also try modifying libpurple’s msn-pecan plugin instead. It was the most popular option during the same time as the current Messenger versions used right now. However, I did try making it work myself and had no luck getting past authentication, but I wasn’t dealing with the source and haven’t gone as far as to do any real debugging.
2 Likes

I don’t know :b

Thanks! I saw that link in the code, but i didn’t know what to do with it

I already tried aMSN, but I don’t remember now what happened

I’ll try again and see what happens :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this relevant?

i’ll say this:
looks important, try url switchings

yeah, with what?

idk try looking at the 8.x patching notes for significant urls
oh and you may as well replace that spaces.live.com link

Done.