Messenger Plus! 3 Sounds Patch

The download was successful for me on firefox, ie/edge, chrome and opera. which tell me it could be something else happening there. check your firewall and your antivirus for any possible blocks that are happening.

Nevermind, finally got it to download with jdownloader. Thank you.

Edit: No I didn’t. “Network problem: null”. Doesn’t start. Sigh…

I also do not work the links with any browser or mobile phone

Finally working. Don’t even know how tho.

1 Like

I’m currently saving all downloadable contents from the MsgPlus website… because it’s really weird that this site (and its sound server) is still online considering the product cannot be used anymore.

Do we know how this caching server works exactly? Would be interesting to document how a sound is uploaded and retrieved, is some processing done in between, in which format, … just in case this server doesn’t last or if we want to do our own.

1 Like

@Sanzot @TReKiE i still get error occured while contacting the server after patching. tried both automatic and manual. Someone help!!!

Anyone here getting the sounds to send without any errors???

The best thing would be to recode this server in Python and host it on the Escargot server but I think valtron has already enough work :wink: Coding it in another language (like PHP) would probably ease a future transition to Python anyway as all the research would have been done.

@TReKiE If you end up redoing it, it would be a good idea to open source it on GitLab or at least provide the source to Escargot developers :wink:

Also,
(UNRELEATED)
look i found where some of the files are stored:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060702004901/http://sounds.msgplus.net:80/sndstats/
or look at “MSN remix” (ID #E66CA3A8624D):
To Listen, Click Here.
(/UNRELEATED)

1 Like

Some are 404 sadly, but it’s a nice find :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for uncovering that @yellows111.

The sound server is intended as a cache though, so as long as people have local copies, it will just repopulate whatever they have. Of course these can be added back manually and punted back to the server when we get it going again.

just wondering roughly how much longer til the server back online?

What do you not get from “some”?

I’m sorry about that, I missed that in your post. However, I see no reason for you to bite my head off for that mistake.

If you mean the real server which is still used for storage, it’s unknown and even if it’ll be back at all.

If you mean replacing the storage component since I think it’s pretty clearly it’s not coming back any time soon, that’ll happen when I have a free evening to build it. I’ve decided on most of the details already though so it shouldn’t be too much work.

It’s been a while i was wondering if you’ve made any progress on bring the sounds to work?

It’s not working on Windows 10, but a contact told me it does on Win 7

This is an old patch. Use this patch: Quick Patch for Messenger Plus! v3 and v4 Sounds

2 Likes

Thanks!

I have a problem: now that I installed this patch, msn won’t show me the main window with the contact list… :\ How do I fix that?

I’m using:

msn 8.5.1302.1018
messenger-plus-live-4.90.392

this patch is for messenger plus 3

You’re right, wrong thread, sorry