Beware of a known MSN Messenger spreadable virus

Beware of the infamous Crog virus that spreads over MSN Messenger.
If you have got that virus, delete it!

At least give us sources. :confused:

Well, it seems to be an actual worm. But considering its age, and the fact that people now both have common sense and a functional antivirus, no need to warn us, really. I know that someone could retreive the worm if they know where to look and run it so that it can spread, but I don’t think someone would be intentionally spreading something labelled as a worm.

I do find it amusing that one of the files it copies itself as for P2P propogation is Messenger Plus! 3.50.exe, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

wOrm

How we can know if we have it or not? (well, with an antivirus) also, as @OhHelloThereImTheGuy said, the people now has common sense and an antivirus :wink:

1 Like

Oh yeah it also drops a text file with this message inside:

Hey LARISSA f*** off, you f***ing n00b!.. Bla bla to your f***ing 
Saving the world from Bropia, the world n33ds saving from you! 

'-S-K-Y-'-D-E-V-I-L-'

Is this another Battle of the Hackers premiere or what? :stuck_out_tongue:

wat is that ?

The virus writer’s “letter” to another virus writer. Pretty common for them to stuff that inside a text file and open it up to the infected user for some odd reason.

In this case, the victim in question wrote a worm (E-mail) of his own that had functionality to terminate processes related to Bropia, yet another MSN Messenger worm, most likely written by the author of Crog/Fatso. :stuck_out_tongue:

oh , this is … strange