WLM 2012 error 80072745

Hello. I update my msg from 2011 to 2012, but now I get the error 80072745. How I can solve it?

I would assume you’ve already tried this, so my apologies if so, but generally connection aborted (the reason behind the 80072745 error code) can be resolved by just hitting the Retry button.

1 Like

Nope, it doesn’t work.

I tried to deactivate all the firewalls, check my internet connection. change the host.msn/host, reinstall msg and use msg revival, but the problem persist.

Can I send a log for see what is the main problem, or there are any other solutions?

No harm in looking at a log file but I will warn you ahead of time that the 2011/2012 ones are not nearly as useful as the 2009 ones.

Another thing you might check is if you can log in successfully to www.outlook.com in Internet Explorer with any error. Messenger uses the same WinInet interface as IE does to connect, so it may reveal more clues if you experience error messages with that.

1 Like

Well, I can log in outlook normally in IE, so I sent you the log.
Even if you can’t find the problem, thanks for the help! :blush:

I had exactly the same problem, with the same error message.
The solution is to enable Less secure apps (google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps).
There was also a warning coming up on the Devices & activity page, asking me to confirm that it was me who was using an “Unknown device” (Messenger, that is), and also flagging this as a “less secure app”.
Note that these are all security warnings coming from Google/Gmail, not Hotmail/Live/Outlook.

Then, I also logged in to my account (@gmail.com) using Outlook.com, NOT gmail.com
(I use a Gmail account, not Hotmail, when using Live Messenger. Most people would naturally use Hotmail for Messenger but in fact you can use any email, this is the page to use: https://signup.live.com)

Thanks for the help, finally it’s repaired! :smile:

Also, I put this in my hosts files when I do all the steps

127.0.0.1 messenger.hotmail.com

127.0.0.1 dp.msnmessenger.akadns.net

Ah, so you have something locally like an antivirus or similar software that’s reading your messages? Like Messenger Discovery or Kaspersky?

I actually thought that problem should disappear now since the client should “give up” on messenger.hotmail.com and connect you to the new https server instead. Unfortunately such things don’t appear in the 2012 logs anymore to really see what’s going on (without other tools).

1 Like