What's your Vista experience

there are tutorials on youtube over how to do it

i mean the updates

nevermind, i got a link from Microsoft UK website

This happens for both of these updates
“The update doesn’t apply to your system”

did you install the right version

doofus

Used Vista as my main OS back in late 2018 (Had to switch back to 7 due to iTunes) on my 7 laptop. Ran as smooth as butter. Would definitely recommend giving Vista a try if you have a compatible PC.

3 Likes

I installed on my netbook on the First days runned good and Smoth but some days after started be pow and incosistent so i switched back to Win 7, i’m planing install Windows 98 or 2000 and Mac OS on it

Vista is a little nostalgic for me because I remember back in the day when I was at my friend’s house we would sometimes play Flash games on Nitrome or Minecraft. And of course the computer ran Vista.

I dont even have vista anymore, so ye ._.

it’s a fine experience

save for the compatibility issues it’s a fine system-ish

used vista from 2008 to 2015. never once had a major issue with bluescreens or anything like that.

my specs were as follows:
amd athlon (dual core)
3gb ram
GeForce 9800 GTX+

1 Like

i used to run it on a crappy emachines and hated it because it ran slow. now that i have a better computer to run it on it runs good. i haven’t had any issues with it

protip: dont run vista on pentium 3’s.

1 Like

or an AMD Athlon

That’s not even a tip that’s just… obvious

not for people back when Vista launched that saw it couldn’t run with good performance on their shitty computers and blamed everything on the system

1 Like

Yeah but he’s calling it a protip, even though nobody in the right mind would be running vista on a PIII in 2020

thats right
People would use horrible setups and then complain of it

I skipped vista actually but not because of anything in particular
i liked windows xp and i still do. it was efficient for my taste :escargot:
one of my memories is being amazed at how shiny vista was :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

‘‘Why is Vista not fast in my pentium 4 with 512MB of ram?’’

1 Like