Unable to login

Problem description: I’ve been unable to login for the past couple days on either of my accounts on Messenger.

Error code/error message: I always get an error either that my password is incorrect, when it is correct (error: 80048821), or that my contact list is unavailable (error: 81000378)

What has been tried so far: I’ve tried all different versions and reinstalling multiple times. I’ve also tried disabling my firewall.

Messenger version: Currently 8.1.0178.00 but this happens on all versions.

Windows version: Windows XP SP3

Windows live Messenger 8.1 and 8.5 dont work with Windows xp , use msn Messenger 7.5

Hi, thank you 7.5 seems to work fine. 8.1 and 8.5 were working fine a few days ago and I remember using them on XP years ago. Do you know why they don’t work now?

Spoke too soon haha, 7.5 is no longer working (error: 80048821 but with correct password).

because for wlm 8 escargot need internet explorer 9 to conect ( Windows xp only support ie 6 , 7 and 8 )

strange

you have internet explorer 8 ? installed if not you need to install it

Oh this is normal try login again again and again maybe 10 times i use xp too

Hi! It seems to be working ok now, I think my problem was that I had the remember me and sign in automatically box checked. Thanks everyone for all your help!!