Text ads are coming out when 2009 is released, right?

the question’s in the title

1 Like

Yes. Kind of like a nice bonus with all the waiting for the upcoming stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

alright cool

I hope there’s going to be another contest in the future. :smile:

1 Like

But how can we get the sponsors for it?

bruh we are not getting money from it

Well… how about we put the ownself Escargot’s text ads?

Escargot’s text ads are simply announcements about certain features or free promotions of certain services or media. It’s not for profit and easy to get set up.

3 Likes

if we were doing it for profit escargot would get dmca-ed by microsoft

Are you going to clean up a few of these ads, to remove things that are no longer things?

like the homestuck one i made :wheeze:

But how do you get a text ad on escargot, can anyone make one?

I held a contest two years ago on the MessengerGeek Discord I operated where I basically held a raffle for text ads that’d be included when WLM 2009 support is out. That contest has long since ended, but I’m open to any text ad suggestions that’d be worthy to add after '09 support is officially out.

3 Likes

Maybe an AIM Phoenix text ad?

I dunno about that, especially since AIM Phoenix is still very rough around the edges in terms of usability and just user experience in general. However that does give me an idea: advertising other services with similar goals to Escargot’s. For instance, perhaps I could advertise OMessenger, another MSN server, through MSN text ads. That’s not even a shallow example. I feel OMessenger has a lot of potential to grow since the developer is very passionate with his craft and tries his best to make his service as stable and usable as possible. With the free publicity he could benefit from the increased traffic and possibly get the drive to make his service even better. Maybe even make it on par with Escargot lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s all I have to say on the matter though.

9 Likes