Telephone connection not displayed

Sup, community^^

I have a problem. On my Windows 10 i cannot see telephone(dial up) connections. but AIDA64 show that. if you know how to fix, help me:(

AIDA reads the RAS phonebooks directly (which is amalgamation of %userprofile%\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk and %programdata%\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk), but what appears in Network Connections and Settings uses the Remote Access Connection Manager (RasMan), which has its own service.

I think it’s likely that this RasMan service has been disabled or isn’t working. To check, run services.msc or search the start menu for Службы, and look at the status of the Диспетчер подключений удаленного доступа service. It should be set to Automatic (Автоматически) and be Running (Выполняется).

thanks for answer!
That’s not helped me. RasMan is up

If you didn’t do it already, you could try verifying those pbk files exist, that you have permissions to access to them, and/or run rasphone.exe (it’s in system32) to see if the connections are accessible in the older dialer application.

Other than that, without access to the machine, I have no idea, as it’ll be a needle in the haystack sort of thing that would require a few hours of investigation.

thanks a lot, i found rasphone.pbk and now use it. Again thanks for help!

1 Like