[OBSOLETE] Select versions of old ICQ clients work! Here's how to get connected

Consider replying to more people
You’ve already replied 3 times to @OhHelloThereImTheGuy in this particular topic.

Have you considered replying to other people in the discussion, too? A great discussion involves many voices and perspectives.

If you’d like to continue your conversation with this particular user at length, send them a personal message.

ok i stop bye bye :stuck_out_tongue:

@Andreso2145 I’m sorry, but I wish others would comprehend even the most tiniest of details so that I wouldn’t end up blowing off steam like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry, I am not a diviner, ya know? How could I have guessed it in the first place?

Not the installer, not the adware, nothing in between. The program the installer installs onto your computer.

There. Done and done. Don’t stretch this out any further. I don’t want Sir Trekking Fox (lol) to close this thread prematurely.

I wasn’t thinking on stretching this any further.

1 Like

Honestly, I would’e tried it on a sandbox VM later on, but thanks for the confirmation anyway.

Wait-

*facepalm*

All you guys even assume what I’m complaining about is the adware. Well, NOO!!!*

What if the main program contained some sort of trojan or something actually more threatening than adware? I don’t install software all willy nilly, and if I can’t 100% trust it, best I test it before I release it out to the public. But it looks like the program itself is harmless, anyway, so what’s the point of complaining anymore?

Yup. IDK why this spiraled out of control into disater land, anyway. I just wanted to briefly express concern about potentially infecting my computer with unreputable software because the main software itself might be malicious itself, but people ended up generalizing everything and look where we are now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Y’know, now I realize it was unnecessary and too vague to reply with that anyway, and I should’ve just tested the thing on a VM after first sight.

Eh, 6.0 works on Windows 7, anyway, so no need to. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m unsure about the patcher working with 5.1, but who knows (unless you’ve already tested it lol)? :stuck_out_tongue:

qip 2005 works perfect

welcome.qip.ru/2005

Well, with ICQ 5.1 and the Update Patcher, it basically bricks the program after it logs in to the point where Windows doesn’t even show it as not responding, and you have to force quit the application via Task Manager. So 5.1 is out of the question.

UPDATE: To sign up with ICQ 6.0, download the ICQ Update Patch as seen on murb.com - ICQ-Tools, Programme, Scripts, Wallpapers. Make sure that the ICQ flower is not seen at the right side of the taskbar, If you see it, right-click on it and click on “Exit” if that option appears. After this, patch the ICQ version you have to prevent it from receiving the “inescapable auto-update dialog that prevents you from logging in” when you try to sign in. After this, you’ll be able to chat using ICQ 6.0. Thanks!

got it to work if anyone wanna chat

ICQ #: 714508657

my ICQ number is 742926077, papa bless

Screenshot_16
already waited the 24 Hours thing , and it don’t let me reset the password

If I remember correctly, you have to be logged out of ICQ.com, and then reset your password. :stuck_out_tongue:

i did this loged in AND loged out , still doies the same error