(OLD) BETA: Mercury Messenger for android with only MSNP11 support

valtron is gonna decide about the microsoft ‘‘thing’’ NOT YOU

as far the security, i mean add that ‘‘thing’’ on 8.0 and above ,cause 1.x - 4.x does not have secure login as valton mensions. ESCARGOT IS SECURE. we know that.

1 Like

First, I have nothing about you. I understand you are enthousiastic about Escargot like we all are.

I am the one who opened the issue, not valtron. We don’t even know if it’s actually possible to do it: I just wrote a simple idea of implementation. This issue is open so developers and researchers can talk about it.

Maybe valtron will do it, but you don’t know if he will and when he will do it so don’t put false hopes in people.

The issue was confidential to avoid people begging for it so please respect that.

What’s on GitLab is for developers, what’s on this forum is for users. If something is on GitLab but not on this forum, it’s because it’s not ready/done/planned.

For now, we are working hard on WLM 8.x and I can say it on the forum because we really are working on it, we have some success and we really plan (valtron included) to have it working.

4 Likes

everyone has their opinion. lets respect that. by the way you have already logging on 8.0 14.0 and 16.0 using your real e-mail and transfering contacts there . (whoever sees the gitlub threads). even its expiremental.

don’t put false hopes in people–> i never give hope to people about things that cant be happen. please dont say these things about me,you dont even known me.I have been here providing feedback for jonathan since april 2013 when messenger reviver 2 was released.

1 Like

This is a topic for mercury messenger. not your argument, if you are going to argue go do it somewhere else please.

1 Like

ok we ended up here.

2 Likes

Too Bad i lost my phone

1 Like

Works good here.

7 Likes

Here is a bug when I start a conversation it signs me out and says (A unknown execption occured: andriod.os.NetworkOnMainThreadException)

2 Likes

I did a tutorial on how to download and use Mercury Messenger with Escargot. It’s at Brazilian Portuguese, if you want to see, you are there: http://youtu.be/VoJbLHvKOA8

6 Likes

What is the matter?

3 Likes

Well, the problem is that we are not experts in android, and especially with java, where we would have to change to fix the problem.
We went beyond our ability to do this, and for hours and hours they were studying and trying to do it. Mercury Messenger is already a very old application and may have problems with versions larger than android 4.3.

4 Likes

some problem with youtube account.they removed the video for some reasons.

2 Likes

i have a problem with PHP i sent you a private message.respond if you can thanks.

2 Likes

It worked before, but also sad to hear that. Thanks for all of your hard work.

2 Likes

Ho realy good job to the developpers and researchers ! :smiley: I unfornunatly only have ios devices so :frowning: I realy hope that an ios application will also be released :frowning: But it is possible even on ios devices ! Some devellopers are already able to create apps that can be downloaded from the iphone and works… Like Tutuapps, or Vshare SE were we need to install a logiciel on pc to syncronise the developper app on the phone…

3 Likes

I think I will buy myself a cheap Android device

2 Likes

I wanted to know why YouTube took, I did not use any music with copyrights, I had no explicit content …

2 Likes

YouTube lately is being a big problem with these claims.

2 Likes

YouTube said it was for “inappropriate content.” There is nothing in the video, only if the YouTube algorithm had a false positive in the images of the contacts of my MSN (my profile photo, the character Tails running, a flower and a rocket).

3 Likes

maybe you can upload it on vimeo and post the link here. (just a thought)

2 Likes