Public Beta of "Public Contact List"

In Theory it should be Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. :stuck_out_tongue:

NET 4.5 is supported on vista afaik :stuck_out_tongue:

It is;

so Windows 7 runs files with .application extension?

.NET Framework Click Once Apps is supported on Windows 7 yes. Your .Net Framework might be damaged some how. Do a repair on each version you have installed. You can find this in your control panel > Application list.

The app is stored in this location anyway.
%LocalAppData%\Apps\2.0\

Check Registry keys; (Save below as a .reg file and run it

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.appref-ms]
@="Application.Reference"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.application]
"Content Type"="application/x-ms-application"
@="Application.Manifest"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Application.Reference\shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Application.Reference\shell\open]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Application.Reference\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Windows\\System32\\rundll32.exe\" \"C:\\Windows\\System32\\dfshim.dll\",ShOpenVerbShortcut %1|%2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Application.Manifest\shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Application.Manifest\shell\open]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Application.Manifest\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Windows\\System32\\rundll32.exe\" \"C:\\Windows\\System32\\dfshim.dll\",ShOpenVerbApplication %1"

This will automatically register those as “ClickOnce Application Reference” for *.appref-ms and “ClickOnce Application Deployment Manifest (.application)” for *.application.

1 Like

thank you a lot, but as I said, for me it’s working normally, the problem was a friend of mine who uses Windows 7, it gave him an error when he tried to run it. I will send this to him

So have you got a screenshot of ‘said’ error? It’s not helping just saying it’s an error mind. lol I would say go for a format anyway but with it been windows 7 you could very well run into activation and update issues so keep away from this. The only next thing is to get this system upgrade to windows 10. Keys can be got for very cheap now online plenty places.

I can see this causing few more problems than the stand alone application. I was doing some testing this morning and even on my windows 10 said it couldn’t run. After a restart it then worked fine so not sure what was wrong there. :grinning:

S̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶(̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶)̶ ̶1̶.̶0̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶h

Never mind, it’s 2.0

api 1.0 was ditched lol

Has anyone suggestions for the program yet?

I might put it up on GitHub if anyone wants me to do it. And give some people Contributer permissions.

omg how can i mute others dont found the mute button lol

thx. cant keep this guy but i was patient

It still crashes, do you need the crash report?

Also I can translate it to Turkish and find you quality icons too.

Translation is unimportant and is in the backlog

Icons shouldn’t come from XYZ icon pack, it should at least be a recycled icon or a custom made one. Actually reflecting the meaning of the program.

Ok might be helpful

Nevermind, the crash report is in Turkish.

####, I only need the stack trace.

TLDR: I don’t care, give it to me.

I swear, I didn’t mess with the 1.0 API

I don’t care anymore. This is dead anyway.