Poll: What is your favourite Messenger version?

Vote here what is your favourite version of Messenger[poll type=multiple min=1 max=7 public=true]

[/poll]

7.5 because i have never used any other version, other than 3.6, 4.6, 4.7, my version of 4.7 does not like lots of messages when it is idle.

8.0 (preferably 8.5)

i thought 8.0 was a reskin of 7.5?

7.5 was the first version of Messenger I really remember using. though I may have used 7.0 and/or 6.0 before that.

2 Likes

Well, for all, the best version of Messenger is the WLM 2009 :+1:

2 Likes

MSN Messenger 7.5 is the best.

No, the best version of Messenger of all the times is Windows Live Messenger 2009

Still, it’s not supported with the Escargot servers (not yet though).

But will be supported :wink:

thats your opinion

And your opinion?

I think 7.5 is the best and that is my opinion and everyone else who also thinks 7.5 is the best version knows that its there opinion

I miss WLM 2009… You have those color squares (e.g: red square, orange square, green square, etc) with your actual status. You have MSN Plus 4 and later versions, You have the new green MSN Buddy, and much more… that’s the reason I miss WLM 2009… In the meantime, I’ll be using MSN 7.5 because is the latest version supported by Escargot. :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

I miss WLM 2009 too, all those features and more!, sadly Microsoft only loves the color green (money), and closed the servers of Messenger, minus one server, that server was used with Messenger Reviver (Thanks for all, Jonathan :wink:) but when Microsoft learned about Messenger Reviver, the mdfcks of Microsoft closed the server, but Valtron has created Escargot, but with only MSN Messenger support, one day Escargot will be available with Windows Live Messenger, we only need to wait.

5 Likes

Windows live Messenger 2012 is my favorite

use 6.2 7.0 7.5 8 and 2009
Hates 4.7 and 2012

why you hate the 2012 ?

Fave is 2009. 2011/2012 is okay, but all the social stuff and lack of display names just kind of bugs me. 2009 is the best of both 8.1 and 2012, IMO.

(8.1 and 7.5 are pretty good versions too.)

EDIT: Okay, actually thinking about it, 8.5 is pretty good too. Probably my second favorite MSN version in general. JUST LOOK AT ALL THAT GLOSS. [drools]

My favorites are 8.1 and 8.5. Both of them were made and used in the era that gives me the most nostalgia. I also like the Vista-esque feel and design.

1 Like