[OUTDATED] Important update regarding the status of the Escargot server

Eso no es bueno :frowning:

He didn’t mention in the email he sent to me. His tone in his last sentence made it sound like he has no other choice but to set up a new server within 2 months. So I’m not sure ATM. :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL no silly. It just means that if those 2 months pass and nothing is fixed, the HTTP/HTTPS services will be down until further notice. When @valtron can generate new certificates and get everything back into order. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

my version of 4.7 seems to not care about encryption though, remember that SSL doesn’t mean HTTP as/is

GROSS generalization! :confounded:

MD5 is NOT possible to crack. It’s just insecure, meaning that it’s possible to create similar hashes since the algorithm isn’t that cryptographic in nature. However, generating those similar hashes isn’t an easy task, and requires a “rainbow table”, which is big, and “cracking” an MD5 hash in general can take up days to even years!

That should clear everything up. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Possibly, it’s using the non-HTTPS MD5 authentication, which is all negotiated in the Notification Server.

1 Like

all about NS/SB with MSNP4.

1 Like

I’ll be optimistic until we hear details from @valtron, and assume he uses Let’sEncrypt.

If That is the case, he’ll be able to generate new certs in one week time, according to this:

1 Like

well it is actually LE, as it’s DST ROOT CA X3, infact, this forum uses LE.

BY the way… I just managed to log in using 8.5 :neutral_face:

1 Like

while 8.x support maybe enabled, no one knows when it will be disabled again…

1 Like

Unfortunately, @valtron doesn’t post on the forums anymore, so you won’t be hearing anything from him any time soon.

But those are the same docs @valtron linked me in his email. Perhaps he isn’t in the know about this fact. Or he uses some other certificate service. Either way, I’ll notify him. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve just confirmed its DST Root CA X3 by LE, why are you still going on?

Being general. :stuck_out_tongue:

did he actually disable HTTPS-only mode?

The server backend lets it utilize both HTTP and HTTPS. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also was planning to reply before you did.
GG. :stuck_out_tongue:

it used to be HTTPS-SSL only mode, no unsecure connections actually got to the main page, always got the Could not Connect to Server page on IE until this week

1 Like

You definetly scare me there…if it goes well, then we’re all back to sending emoticons (to you hip teen kids, it’s not Emojis. No wonder why you’re braindead!), winks, and nudges. Should I tell the others that Escargot MSN isn’t gonna die?

1 Like

Not quitting with that uneducated “n0rmi3$ ZZzucK!!!1!” crap, are you? :unamused:

2 Likes