Nickname and personal message don't synchronise with the servers on WLM 8.1 with Wine

Same problem with nicknames and personal messages not syncing, and crashing upon clicking e-mail button here. Added contacts take a long time if ever to show up online too. Not using Wine. WLM 8.5, Windows 7.

I also encountered these minor issues. Contacts logged in donā€™t show up unless you relogin, along with no sync of picture/personal messages (this also happens on 7.5 on XP)

Installing IE8 resolved these problems for me !

Edit : is that normal that communicate between those who have MSN 7.5 and WLM 8.5 is buggy ? I can see my MSN 7.5 friends online and chat with them but they canā€™t see me online nor see my emoticons (even if they still can chat with me, but itā€™s annoying)

Edit 2 : in fact I appear offline for everybody (thatā€™s okay I just had to reinstall WLM sorry for all these edits)

Edit 3 : another little bug detected in WLM8 through Wine : emoticons window makes a long time to charge (this problem doesnā€™t occur in 7.5)

quick note: I tried to answer you on Slack but the workspace now requires 2-factor authentication and itā€™s a hassle for such a thing afaik. If you disable it, let me know and Iā€™ll join the conversation again.

Done!

1 Like