My display images and emoticons are gone! What happened?

What happened to custom emoticons and my display images on msn? All my custom emoticons/emojis are gone, and I can’t upload new ones, what happened to them? My display image are with the same problem, all gone and I can not add new one, because it gives error. Can anyone please explain to me what is going on, or if it is any program bug?!!
Screenshot_109|374x500

Same here! And when I try to add them again it just says “The file you selected is not a valid image. Please choose another file.” The same thing happens when I try to add a background.

It can be a bug in the application, try this
press the Start key and simultaneously the R key
An application like this will open and type %LocalAppData%\Microsoft
Make sure before Windows Live Messenger is closed, because otherwise it won’t work
The windows explorer will open, select the Messenger folder and delete it

Try to open WLM again and try to change your profile picture or add another emoticons
I hope it worked for you :stuck_out_tongue:
De paso use el trauctor de google xD

If that doesn’t work try uninstalling WLM and reinstalling it.

As of today i also have the same problem.
Have tried both deleting the appdate folder and reinstalling MSN but i doesn’t seem to work:(

I will try this! Thank you so much for answering me!

I tried but it didn’t work out, thanks anyway!

1 Like

It didn’t work for me either. I hope it’s just a bug, I lost all my emoticons ):

I hope it’s something temporary and they fix it.

Yes, exactly that!

Same here, I can´t live without my custom emoticons, what is happening?

i dont think so

1 Like

Same here. But worse.

This has happened to me as well, but I don’t know exactly what cause this to happen. But this much I can say.

One, don’t worry. Your display pictures, custom emoticons, and other stuff are still available. You just can’t access the files normally. Two, it must have something to do with a recent Windows Update (most likely for Windows 10) as I and others haven’t had this problem beforehand. Three, from debugging the program, Messenger does actually try to add new custom emoticons and the like, and does it successfully. But afterwards it’s immediately deleted and Messenger spits out a “file invalid” error as if there was something wrong with your file, even though there isn’t any. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a Windows Update breaking things.

3 Likes

I’m not sure it’s a Windows update issue, since I have disabled windows 10 updates a few days ago.

1 Like

Is there any way we can try to figure out what caused this problem and how to solve it?

I have the same problem in Windows 7

lol i upgraded to windows 8.1 and now i have that problem

i dont think your answer is very accurate to this tbh, i dont think everyone has updated windows recently, or either using a unsupportedd windows version (ex windows XP), the problem just came one day and affected us all including me, its annoying because i had a ton of custom emojis

1 Like

Still the same problem, no idea of how it could be solved? :frowning: