MSN Messenger on MAC OS(PowerPC) [Instruction]

But

And this site says: “Escargot support MSN Messenger for Mac v3.0
http://dity.wikia.com/wiki/MSN_Messenger

If you want to test this, add the following line to /etc/hosts

35.185.201.91 messenger.hotmail.com

Messenger:mac 3.0 wasn’t released for Mac OS Classic. In fact, the versions released aren’t separated by Classic Environment/OS X compatibility. Can you at least double-check your claims first?

Then why one post said “it crashes” on Messenger:mac 3.0 and then a “issue” on gitlab says that yes, indeed it works…

The gitlab issue was made on June 2017, back when Escargot was still new,
The post was made on December 2018. So what got broken up in that 18 month period?

That had nothing to do with my post…

Anyways, are you talking about this?

Because that was about 1.3, not 3.0. And 1.3 crashed for me on SheepShaver, too, which I predict is no more that an emulation bug. Regardless, please read what I say before you ramble on.

Did you read that post?

Yes, but the main focus of the thread was about Messenger:mac 1.3. Also, note how the OP says that 3.x freezes during the authentication process? That just means it isn’t usable due to something wrong happening in the login process, which is easily fixable.

Just in case I have Mac OS X Tiger, not classic.

How can I use it?

version of macintosh pls?

Download MSN Messenger: MSN Messenger for Mac.zip (741.4 KB)
Go to the Terminal and write:

sudo nano /private/etc/hosts

Add the following line:

35.185.200.209 messenger.hotmail.com

Press CTRL+O, after Enter and close the window. Then open MSN Messenger and login in. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11 on PowerMac G4 MDD

work with MSN Messenger 8.0 on mac ?

I tried to patch Mac Messenger 8.0, but it doesn’t work :frowning:

Oh :frowning:

Anyone have any luck doing this recently? I get this error on both OS X Tiger and OS 9

I think that version is probably incompatible from what I gather.
Try using version 3.0.

Holy crap that actually worked, I also tried 2.5.1 on Mac OS 9 and that didn’t work but 1.0 did! I now have MSN working on Mac OS 9 and Tiger.

If anyone needs the clients for Mac OS 9 or X I’ve uploaded them to my website Old Mac Downloads

1 Like

It didn’t work for me

Messenger 8.0 for Mac Actually Sort of works, It just complains about the certificate and refuses to log in but other than that it somehow connected, Juuust have to figure out the certificates