MessengerGeekia Official Post (moving to Trexion)

Pf94_wiki_%20_first_wikipedia_logo_lines
I’ve had this idea recently, but the only flaw it had was that it was on FANDOM (Also known as Wikia), which caused controversy once Pedrox posted the link on the MG discord after i sent him to DMs, which then caused drama of spamming real life faces :confused:. I decided to transfer the wiki on Shoutwiki.

I’m currently making a new home page for the wiki, which i’m trying to have a wikipedia-ish look. If you want to contact me on the wiki, Just go to http://messengergeek.shoutwiki.com/w/index.php?title=User_talk:DreamIsland, and yes, I called myself DreamIsland, just like on FANDOM, don’t ask me why.

Here’s a link to the Wiki: http://messengergeek.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
You’re welcome creating articles, shitty or not, small or large.

Unfortunately, there is no VisualEditor of any kind (unlike Wikipedia or FANDOM), so you’ll have to be used editing articles the old-fashioned way, however, during the time of editing this, There’s a guide that is under construction. and seems to be primairly templates for now.

Here’s the discord.

We are planning to move to somewhere else, possibly Trexion.

1 Like

amazing

I’m currently having some headaches of copying some Wikipedia templates to MessengerGeekia.

Since apparently Special:Import can only be used by Shoutwiki staff, I have to copy and paste every thing, even the modules.

Also you’re welcome creating pages, shitty or not, as this wiki is pretty new

Oh and if anyone was interested on how the FANDOM version of MessengerGeekia (now discontinued), Here it is, https://messengergeek.fandom.com/wiki/MessengerGeek_Wiki, just don’t bother creating shit there. i’ll try to request FANDOM to close it.

Oh and, the logo is a “placeholder” until i find someone gifting me a logo for MessengerGeekia, i am not going to stay with the actual MessengerGeek logo.

Another update, I reused Wikipedia’s Common.css (for making the mbox look like a mbox) and TCRF’s Vector.css (as a placeholder before i start making the bases of the wiki’s apparance.) for making everything work.

I made new early-placeholder icons

30 minutes later, and now the theme is starting to look like the MG forum!

Don’t forget to theme the default theme (old Wikia theme)

how do i default another theme pls help

The old wikia theme will not be supported. It’s going to be Vector and Monobook.

I’ll be contacting Shoutwiki staff later.

signed up for an acc…who the fuck took Ratking, clearly I am the cooler_ratking

1 Like

I have managed to kind of theme the default ShoutWiki theme.

1 Like

thanks

Chrome doesn’t generate a password

Can you remove the captchas? I could only make my account because I luckily got a good captcha.

Buy glasses.

my vision is fine, the captchas are sooooooooo blurry

2 Likes

i could read them fine

1 Like

the register ones?
cus they looked blurry to me, and nothing else looks blurry
like, i couldn’t tell characters apart

then get your vision checked, christ

stop trying to pass the blame, the captchas are luckbased and the images are blurred to a degree that makes them illegible.

We also can’t remove the captchas since when you create an account on Geekia it also creates it on ShoutWiki.

We can’t, This is all managed by Shoutwiki. If you can’t sign up due to the captcha (which i never saw), Then just edit with a VPN. It’s that simple.