Messenger 4.7 on XP

I want to use mesenger 4.7 and i made an account i made the registry edit and i tried to login and its saying that the NET.service was not found when i login.
PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO GO IN MESENGER 4.7 windows xp

you used the instructions on the site: Escargot | MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger

The later versions of 4.7 use a newer authentication and the registry fix won’t work.

Instead, install 4.6, it’ll replace 4.7 and you can sign in after that. Also of note, you’ll have to re-apply the registry change/restart Messenger after 4.6 install.

1 Like

Is messenger 4.7 preinstaled with xp will work with a registry edit?

nope , you need other version of 4.7 to work

What version?

I will try it! thanks

I installed ie8 and messenger 4.6 and its saying that NET.service was not found

Also of note, you will need “Old MSN support” enabled on your account. Reset your password and select the option on http://escargot.log1p.xyz/ to do this.

I did it

And its still the same!

I even tried 4.5 version

that 4.6 Works in Windows 7 ?

But mine is XP!

i asked that because i want to use it in my Windows 7 , well it dont worked

Run in compitability mode Windows XP SP3

These older versions have a scroll bar problem sometimes on Win7, if that’s what you’re referring to. 4.5 is a little better with not having that issue in my experience, alternatively maximizing the conversation windows can also be a workaround (although success is hit or miss really).

Escargot MSN server is great because MSN Messenger IS ALIVE AND IT WILL BE ALIVE FOR A LONG, LONG, LONG TIME!

there was already a similar topic Msn 4.7.2009 wont log on - #17 by veselcraft

Where to find Msn messenger 4.7.0105?

you can find that version here escargot downloads