Looks like no WLM 2009 still

maybe will get more 11 months to get WLM 2009, Idk, because since 2017, haved WLM 8.5, so, maybe is almost on there

Consider it dropped. That’s what I do with projects without results for 2 years. I stand disappointed as everybody else does. Clearly it’s the most wanted messenger version ever, but the devs are so bored of this project that I don’t think we ever see it. I don’t really buy the " I don’t have time for this and that " . We only have time for things we want to have time for, and we just roll things in front of us we have no mood for.

At this point I would be happy even for a bugfree 8.5. Anyway I appriciate the work they done, I would even donate as a form or gratitude.

It reminds me of my favourite GTA mod (for Vice City), started at over 20 releases between 2008 and 2009, then nothing, then three in 2015, and three more in 2019 (there’s also a more “nightly” release for regular community members and lots of regular videos).

It’s just how it goes sometimes for lots of different reasons.

escargot has not developed globally since valtron departure

explain every word in that sentence

To Firebrand:

Consider it dropped. That’s what I do with projects without results for 2 years. I stand disappointed as everybody else does. Clearly it’s the most wanted messenger version ever, but the devs are so bored of this project that I don’t think we ever see it. I don’t really buy the " I don’t have time for this and that " . We only have time for things we want to have time for, and we just roll things in front of us we have no mood for.

Escargot has NOT been dropped at all, Developing stuff takes time especially if you dont have access to the original source code for the servers (reverse engineering), Instead of talking out of your ass sit down and listen to the people who actually work on this kind of stuff. Oh wait, You can’t because the WLM 2009 thread that documented ALL of the development got deleted with no public backups available.

To The Активный пользователь:

escargot has not developed globally since valtron departure

…Another guy talking out of his ass thinking he has insider info or something
Valtron hasn’t even left the project, You can even verify this by literally Checking the GitLab Project pushes.

Please stop spreading missinformation because this way is how we ended up with people drinking clorox to cure Cancer.

To keep up with the lastest Escargot news Join the Escargot Discord Server!

3 Likes

I did not meant any insult Jenoxen, but please just consider what an average user seeing. WLM2009 reverse engineering is ready for how much time now? I can’t tell, but for long. Only the installer, and server side modifications were left, which - as said - was only the minority of the development. What would be your conclusion in my place?

Believe me, if I’m proven wrong, you will hardly find a person who would be happier. I have money prepared for Facebook advertisement for Escargot in case they would fulfill the promise, and other projects which would increase the user base.

I wanted to say after leaving MG. Maybe it’s just a coincidence

I had a talk with the actual developer on Discord. He confirmed he’s actively working on the project, and the server integration was not the minor part of the works, I misunderstood.

2009 is coming out soon. Just be paitent for christs sake.

1 Like

We know stilll be patient the developer is working. If you want it faster just dont disturb him

1 Like

don’t ask where is 09
let ohhelloi’mtheguy do his job at his point of developing it

Please stop asking for when it gets public, you guys are only disappointed because you keep asking. Perhaps you should try considering how they feel, getting the same question over and over, which is why you don’t get any big news.