I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10

I know i’ve said i don’t like windows 10 but i decided to install it on an old laptop to try it and i ended up installing it on my main laptop. i may install it on my main PC but i want to mess around with it on my laptop so im 100% sure i want 10.

oh yea and windows 7 support is ending next year

*2 years :wink:

*next year
the official end of support is on 2020 smh

When someone don’t know what i’m talking about and starts saying im stupid
smh

please tell me where i said you are stupid? and if i misreaded your comment, explain it to me

probably april fools

april fools day ruining my day again? :stuck_out_tongue:

if you pay for the updates you can get up to 3 years (if you have a buissnes account)

1 Like

im not paying for updates. i’ll upgrade everything else when support stops

paying for staying on windows 7 sounds like a fucking joke to me.

yea. im not paying for something that windows 10 gets for free

1 Like

actually once the pricing model for windows 7 gets introduced then pirated copies of windows 7 will be more common since people don’t want to waste money for microsoft

only for enterprise and profissional, if you are a ultimate or home premium ( like me ) user you are out of luck

End of windows 7 support, it doesn’t mean that windows 7 is dead or useless. I was in some furniture store today, I was surprised, Windows XP Professional still on POS. Wow!!! it’s almost 5 years since end of WinXP support, and still running. I guess, the same afterlife continuation will face Windows 7. Even old Windows 7 PC can be converted into a gaming station with the support of DX12 or so. I’m not quite sure, but I think EdgeChromium browser will be compatible with Windows 7 as well. So don’t be in rush to recycle your old Windows 7 PC. It still good for quite a long time, at least 5 - 7 years to go from 2020.

2 Likes

must be using POSReady c. the XP era for what it’s actually meant for lol

That was actually WinXP Professional, I’ve checked About Box, but anyways Windows 7 is the one of the best operating system I’ve ever experienced. I’ve been using for almost 10 years on my ALIENWARE M17XR2 laptop with win7 Ultimate until now. I think it will be not to hard to switch to Windows 10 from Windows 7, because the interface pretty much, almost the same, except start menu tiles, fluent acrylic design-time style etc. As opposed from Windows XP to 7 that was a challenge big time. When Microsoft has decided to kill off support for Windows 7, it makes me feel like a flintstone, stranded in the past. Now it’s a time to think, how to survive with Windows 7 in a future.

enjoy planned obsolescence

wat

Thoughts on Windows 10 so far?