How to create Escargot fan site (AKA "How to rip websites")

Greetings! Eric After Eric from Discord and IRC :stuck_out_tongue:

Today I am going to tell you how to create Escargot fan site rip website. :stuck_out_tongue:

Inspired by @Patrik_Heim :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Firstly we are going to open web.archive.org then type messenger.microsoft.com in the box :stuck_out_tongue:, select a date that you want :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. Press Ctrl+S and select “Save HTML Only”, the dialog looks like this :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. Select a location to save and you will see the html file :stuck_out_tongue:
    another photo
  4. Open it with any text editor :stuck_out_tongue:, I will use Visual Studio Code as example :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. Open up the replace dialog of every text editor.:stuck_out_tongue: On Visual Studio Code, it looks like this :stuck_out_tongue:
    replace lol
  6. Replace Windows Live with Escargot :stuck_out_tongue:
    photo
  7. Click “Replace All” :stuck_out_tongue:
  8. Don’t forget to replace MSN and Messenger with Escargot :stuck_out_tongue:, and replace the links with escargot.log1p.xyz :stuck_out_tongue:
  9. (optional) Replace the text too :stuck_out_tongue:
  10. Host your website on a host :stuck_out_tongue:, I am going to use GitHub Pages as example :stuck_out_tongue:
  11. Create a repo on GitHub named [whateveryouwant].github.io :stuck_out_tongue:
  12. Turn on GitHub Pages in the settings :stuck_out_tongue:
  13. Upload your file, then it’s done :stuck_out_tongue:
  14. Enjoy :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you find this post useful :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Did you know?

Two thirds of kids on MessengerGeek spent their life doing the same useless thing.
Please let the kids do something useful, like learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

#SaveTheKidsOnMessengerGeek

2 Likes

plz help i replaced “msn” with “escargot now!” and now the page is fucked!!! :((((((

don’t worry, it’s good :stuck_out_tongue:

dude it say this :((

1 Like

Click “Try in hell!!!” :stuck_out_tongue:

no i not want go to satan land

Works for me

1 Like

Cool

He is being sarcastic

lol, i’m dying

I lost it at “Escargot Silverlight”.

1 Like

I am being sarcastic too. Do you think a fking kid will use VSCode? :stuck_out_tongue:

No, i don’t think

-w-