Collection of MSN clients

turn email nofications off in profile prefrences, that way you wont be spammed 24/7 for no reason

I’m quite sure we don’t have all the versions, but we do have a great many.

Here’s a (likely inexhaustive) list of versions not known to have been collected within this community: Missing Client Versions · Wiki · Escargot / Escargot Server · GitLab

1 Like

do you have any of these versions i listed in this following document?:
versions.txt (264 Bytes)

No, I won’t. Everyone here is using the forum correctly. Please do the same, it’s not that hard. If you forgot to write something, just edit your previous message (there is a pen icon next to the “Reply” link).

1 Like

@yellows111 We do have those versions, but thank you for offering.

@tristanleboss Would you like me to add your versions to the Archive.org collection above, to keep them all together and have a central place to check versions and download them?

1 Like

@enhanox For sure, you can do whatever you want with my collection. I was planning to add them anyway. But, for now, I’m super busy with other things. So, feel free to do it. Everything that’s avalaible on my domain can be shared on archive.org

Btw, I discovered that archive.org API is not super reliable: querying for all files for a specific domains may not return all the files. Because I used the API this way for 2/3 domains with Messenger files, I expect that a few versions escaped my detection. I will try to update my download script when I have some time.

1 Like

Great, thanks, I’ll try and get that done soon then, I’ll update the top post with a version list too (and maybe put that on the wiki too). No worries about being busy, we all have that irritating “real life” getting in the way from time to time :stuck_out_tongue:

I still haven’t tried automating anything on Archive.org, all my stuff is done manually, but I have noticed the file search under a domain thing is a bit quirky, it’s quite slow and contains a lot of broken URLs (probably also missing some real ones). Still, for now it’s probably the best thing we have, so it’s better than nothing…

1 Like

That’s a good idea. This way people will be able to look at the list before sharing anything.

The only problem I see is with Live installers. I’m not sure it was that easy to find out their version number.

It would be interesting to collect all tools related to Messenger. I mean we can ask people to send the ones they have. If we don’t have time, we will sort them later but, at least saving them would be a good start. I’m sure there was way more tools than the 2/3 that we talked about on this forum.

1 Like

i wolud of liked but i wasted all of my likes to get the “Out of Love” Level 2 or wahtever its called
and @tristanleboss why would i edit something older than 2 days
and the version war is because i saw many different numbers in the wlsetup-all exe.

Aug 13, 2017 6:09 pm: i have 2011, vista
Aug 13, 2017 6:10 pm: hang on, its 2012, said 2011 on website hmmm
Aug 13, 2017 6:12 pm: installer file ver: 15.4.3555.308

These 3 messages can be in one. You could have edited the first one to add the 2 others.That what people do in such case: you edit the first message to correct it (You can add a Update: test so we know you edited your message and what is new.) Example:

i have 2011, vista
Update: hang on, its 2012, said 2011 on website hmmm
Update 2: installer file ver: 15.4.3555.308
1 Like

Updated first post with links to more downloads and wiki with info.

1 Like

i found 5.0.0544, so close to 5.0.0543, and i also found 4.7.2009, reply if you want any, however, they were not on the list, sorry
oh right found version 5.1.0706 by searching the IA, also someone made this Windows Messenger 5.1.0706 | Versions Wiki | Fandom
so far, after checking, the only version you dont have is English 5.1.0706, which i found

after, i just found 7.0.0425, 7.5.0299