(OLD) BETA: Mercury Messenger for android with only MSNP11 support

**Mercury with MSNP15 support, check**

Mercury Messenger for Android with Escargot support.

I mean after much battle, lots of study, lots of reverse engineering and lots of effort, we got our first mobile application compatible with Escargot MSN Server by @valtron. This opens many doors and future possibilities.

My special thanks to @tristanleboss, without him, this and many other things would be impossible and Mercury developer | http://d-soft.nl/.

----------

(*) This version works on MSNP21 (WLM16), MSNP15 (WLM8.x) and MSNP11 (used in version 7.x of MSN Messenger), but the Escargot server only supports MSNP11 at the moment. Then you need to select it in the “Other” option as in the images below. The application is already old and may have compatibility issues with versions above 4.3.

CHANGELOG

:::: Tristanleboss have fixed “android.os.NetworkOnMainThreadException” error. (check build 02)

BUG LIST:

:::: You may not be able to add contacts

Errors reported by @LostJak. (Thanks bro) | #8 (Some peoples have problem and others don’t have).
:::: I am able to send a voice clip on phone, but the user on PC won’t receive anything. The PC user sends a voice clip and I get a message on screen that says “Receiving voice clip…”, but it never actually receives it.
:::: PC user sends a file but it won’t show up for phone user. Phone user sends a file and it appears for PC user, which accepts it but the transfer never starts.
:::: I tested the “What I am listening to” functionality as activated, but it doesn’t seem to work, as my personal message won’t change. I tried it while listening to a song in Rocket Player app.

DOWNLOADS:

Version 4.0.2 Build 02: https://onedrive.live.com/download?cid=3ddd8b66adb3e1f3&resid=3DDD8B66ADB3E1F3!4032&authkey=!ABM4cjBrnLj6lms

Version 4.0.2 Build 01 (instable): https://onedrive.live.com/download?cid=3ddd8b66adb3e1f3&resid=3DDD8B66ADB3E1F3!4031&authkey=!ALu2kSWeigTKNJg

** Before installing, you need to make sure that the “unknown sources” option is checked in Settings> Security> Unknown Sources in order to install outside the PlayStore.

1) Choose New Account option.

2) Type your Escargot email, your password, then select “Other” option. Switch from MSNP21 to MSNP11 as the picture shows. And press sign in button.

Good fun MessengerGeek and Escargot users. :wink:

17 Likes

It was a pleasure to work with you, Mateus! We spent hours on it but it’s definitively worth it! Hope people will enjoy it!

7 Likes

It was a great achievement of ours. And now, the whole community.
The pleasure was all mine. :smile:

4 Likes

congratulations on BOTH of YOU. A big CHAPTER of ESCARGOT HISTORY has just opened…
SPREAD THE WORD!!!

iphone users has already started complain :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

works like a charm

5 Likes

This is great news! Thanks @Mateus_Rick and @tristanleboss!

4 Likes

Also, group conversations work on Mercury.

4 Likes

Awesome work @Mateus_Rick and @tristanleboss ! It’s so good to see all this progress happening for MSN’s return. Thank you!

I’ve done a brief testing and it amazed me how functionalities that never existed (afaik) in MSN apps back in the day such as nudgeing, sending voice clips and files, and custom emoticons(with shortcuts!) are already implemented by you both in the app. Again, amazing work.

Here’s some feedback:

• Group conversations seem to work just fine.
  • Nudgeing seems to work both ways.
  • I am able to send a voice clip on phone, but the user on PC won’t receive anything. The PC user sends a voice clip and I get a message on screen that says “Receiving voice clip…”, but it never actually receives it.
  • PC user sends a file but it won’t show up for phone user. Phone user sends a file and it appears for PC user, which accepts it but the transfer never starts.
  • I tested the “What I am listening to” functionality as activated, but it doesn’t seem to work, as my personal message won’t change. I tried it while listening to a song in Rocket Player app.
  • When PC user sends a custom emoticon, the shortcut expression appears instead of the emoticon image itself, but I am able to “grab” it and apply a shortcut for it by using the custom emoticon menu. The big sized emoticons (55x55 I believe) are displayed as normal (small) emoticons. Would be very nice if they showed up as their intended size :smiley:
  • Messenger Plus! functionalities such as colored nicknames won’t work, but that’s expected of course. Do you think there will be a way to make them work in the app?

I’ll keep feedback flowing as I get different results =)

3 Likes

The real congratulations should go to the Mercury developper. It seems to a be a Dutch (wo)man but we don’t know who is he/she.

The app was also free and featured no ads, so this guy did a real good work.

I don’t know if we can fix any of the issue you reported because the source code is obfuscated (many technics are used to make it hard for someone to modify it) but maybe everything will work correctly with later version of MSN protocol (MSNP15/21) that are supported by Mercury but not by Escargot yet.

4 Likes

and also dont forget the ability to login with real credentials starting from wlm 8.x and above so we dont have security and compabatility issues.

1 Like

Thanks guys, you are amazing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@alzcore397 Please stop with this real Microsoft account thing.

Using real MS account is not a priority (that’s why the GitLab issue is confidential!!).

Having an issue opened on GitLab doesn’t mean we will do it. I open them only so we have ideas on what can be done and collect information on how to eventually do it. But, as you can see, there is a lot of them.

The top priority is compatibility with new version of Messenger protocol so Escargot will work with 8, 2009, 2012. Trust me, there is way enough work… and this is what will resolve compatibility issues.

By the way, there is no security issues with Escargot. Escargot is as secure as the real Messenger was.
It’s important not to say this kind of wrong statement because people may think Escargot is not safe and not use it.

5 Likes

valtron is gonna decide about the microsoft ‘‘thing’’ NOT YOU

as far the security, i mean add that ‘‘thing’’ on 8.0 and above ,cause 1.x - 4.x does not have secure login as valton mensions. ESCARGOT IS SECURE. we know that.

1 Like

First, I have nothing about you. I understand you are enthousiastic about Escargot like we all are.

I am the one who opened the issue, not valtron. We don’t even know if it’s actually possible to do it: I just wrote a simple idea of implementation. This issue is open so developers and researchers can talk about it.

Maybe valtron will do it, but you don’t know if he will and when he will do it so don’t put false hopes in people.

The issue was confidential to avoid people begging for it so please respect that.

What’s on GitLab is for developers, what’s on this forum is for users. If something is on GitLab but not on this forum, it’s because it’s not ready/done/planned.

For now, we are working hard on WLM 8.x and I can say it on the forum because we really are working on it, we have some success and we really plan (valtron included) to have it working.

4 Likes

everyone has their opinion. lets respect that. by the way you have already logging on 8.0 14.0 and 16.0 using your real e-mail and transfering contacts there . (whoever sees the gitlub threads). even its expiremental.

don’t put false hopes in people–> i never give hope to people about things that cant be happen. please dont say these things about me,you dont even known me.I have been here providing feedback for jonathan since april 2013 when messenger reviver 2 was released.

1 Like

This is a topic for mercury messenger. not your argument, if you are going to argue go do it somewhere else please.

1 Like

ok we ended up here.

2 Likes

Too Bad i lost my phone

1 Like

Works good here.

7 Likes

Here is a bug when I start a conversation it signs me out and says (A unknown execption occured: andriod.os.NetworkOnMainThreadException)

2 Likes