Appledoo's Song Of The Day

i used to do this on the discord, but people got mad :frowning: let me shill my music

i’m going to post a reply to this every day starting tomorrow with a song I feel is song of the day material that hopefully you’ll listen to. just take a listen of the first 30 seconds or so if you’re able to, that way you’ll know if you like it or not

2 Likes

sounds fun

Song of the Day - May 20th, 2020

Lemon Demon - Jaws

Lemon Demon’s Jaws is the fifth song on the Bandcamp edition of the Nature Tapes EP, written as a comedic summary of the 1975 movie Jaws. In some aspects, it can be wildly incorrect, however there are some parts that are accurate to the movie including “Sharks exist in real life, woah!” and “Suddenly Jaws has got a price on his head / But the wrong little shark baby ends up dead.”

If you listened, on a scale from 1 to 10 where would you rank this song? (5 is average.)

0 voters

…I should note that rating it 10 implies it is literally perfect, it has no faults, it is literally the Ode To Joy of the modern era. Please only vote that if you are certain there is nothing wrong with it.

not gonna lie, this song is trippy as fuck

1 Like

Song of the Day - May 21st, 2020

Miracle Musical - Black Rainbows

Miracle Musical’s Black Rainbows is the third song on HawaiI: Part II. I genuinely don’t know what this song is about. An interesting tidbit about the song is that the ominous deep voice in the background is chanting all colors of the rainbow in Hawaiian [citation needed], with 'ele’ele meaning black.

If you listened, on a scale from 1 to 10 where would you rank this song? (5 is average. Please read this before voting.)

0 voters

OOPS

Song of the Day - May 23rd, 2020

Rush - Malignant Narcissism

Rush’s Malignant Narcissism is a funky instrumental. It is notable for many things, including having the guitar part written and recorded in under 24 hours, Geddy using a fretless bass, and having Neil use a somewhat minimalistic drum setup compared what he normally plays (a 4 piece kit, with 1 kick, a snare, and presumably 2 toms).

Although I have described it as an instrumental, this is somewhat of a lie; there are vocals, however it is spoken (not sung) as well as sampled from Team America: World Police.

If you listened, on a scale from 1 to 10 where would you rank this song? (5 is average. Please read this before voting.)

0 voters

Song of the Day - May 24th, 2020

Red Vox - Reno

Red Vox’s Reno is the band’s heaviest song [citation needed], to a point at where it could be classified as heavy metal (albeit the lighter side, like Deep Purple). Although Vinny had never been to Reno, he still decided to write a song about a man who had an interesting night in the titular city and deciding to come back for more. Of the 3 singles released, this has the highest rating of all 3 on RateYourMusic, with a 4.09/5; this does not make it the most popular, however, as In The Garden still has 3x as many views.

0 voters

OOPS 2: REVENGE OF OOPS

Song of the Day - May 26th, 2020

Lemon Demon - Action Movie Hero Boy

Action Movie Hero Boy tells the tale of a kid imitating people casually walking away from an explosion in movies, and it going hilariously wrong. This is arguably the best known song from the album outside of The Ultimate Showdown. It also has a nice guitar solo.

0 voters

…right, let’s try this again.

Song of the Day - June 1st, 2020

Rush - Hope

Hope is an actually instrumental Rush song, consisting entirely of 12-string guitar in DADAAD tuning. It was recorded in 2 takes, the second take being “just for the heck of it”, and is the second shortest Rush song at 2:02 (the shortest being BU2B2 at 1:28).

0 voters

Protip (even though you’ve muted me): Try to make a daily reminder for yourself regarding your “Song of the Day” thing.

on the 27th my excuse was “no one voted why bother”

oh…

okay, it’s still the 2nd where I am, so if this is a problem you can take $7 and stick it up your bunghole

Song of the Day - June 2nd, 2020

Lemon Demon - Hyakugojyuuichi 2003 (full version can be found here)

Perhaps the song most well known from Lemon Demon’s first album, Hyaku 2003 was written for the 2nd anniversary of Neil’s animutation Hyakugojyuuichi, the first thing he was known for online. Although the song itself is not very good, and neither are the horrible in hindsight choices for guest vocalists (google Shmorky), the instrumental is arguably the best part of the song.

0 voters

y’all mind if i post a song here

if it’s music i’m down, though if you want to join the “song of the day” cult i’d recommend making a separate thread

1 Like

it’s a recommendation

cs:go music kids are… oddly good

Oh. Right.

Song of the Day - June 17th, 2020

Lemon Demon - Relativity

It’s about that funny science guy and a weird thought he had once. This is one of my favorite songs from Lemon Demon’s Hip to the Javabean; nevermind that, one of my favorite songs of his prior to Damn Skippy. This is just something I could vibe to.

If you listened (it’s just 4 minutes of your time!), on a scale from 1 to 10 where would you rank this song? (5 is average. Please read this before voting.)

0 voters