Appledoo's Royalgames Archive

Nah man, I just screenshotted the WLM “ad” at the bottom and removed everything

double lucky, since it’s 1:1 perfect size

1 Like

oh really? nice

What’s up, I got a few more games.

• The Biggest Loser! We got that working, I shit you not I found a version on the Wayback Machine, so uh FUCKING YAY

• Uno. Legit just the card game

• Deal or No Deal. Win a million bucks or die trying.

• Liquid LMNTS. Shitty name, shitty game.

Nothing new on Luxor or Zuma. Got the flashvars for a King game, which might help.

Time for an actual update.

I mean, not like we’re missing out, it’s a DDR clone

• Also Cake Mania 2 works, first licensed game that was released outside of King to work :slight_smile:

Anyways that’s all the new shit, will yeet them into the dropbox later

OpenGameServlet.xml (4.6 KB)
now to post this to the flashpoint discord and hope it works

So anyways

November update

• Escargot Spaces group because I’m going to shove this down your throat til you fuckin puke http://escargotspaces.com/groups/the-cool-king-club/

• Once upon a time, there was a game called Dice King Solo that showed up for one day in the United States and never returned. It works in a projector but not in JPEXS, the only thing that’s wrong about it is that there’s no intro text

• Luxor doesn’t work yet

• Neither does Zuma

• Bejeweled 2 and Chuzzle work but the text is messed up, it’s all placeholders or UNDEFINED

Also I got more games into Flashpoint.
What’s Flashpoint, you might ask?
They archive Flash games, but not just Flash games, Unity Web games, Shockwave games, HTML5 games, Java applet games, hell if it was online at one time and it was a game they’ll archive it.
Website below

• Website (be warned, it’s a bit of a large download)

Next update coming whenever

Sometimes I go back into the thread during the first posts and I vomit because I thought it was a problem with the SWF when King games didn’t work and not the fact it used JS and POSTing

Since I haven’t ben able to log into my Escargot Spaces account, the posts there are on hold.

attaqua.dll (469.8 KB)
stormchaser.dll (527.8 KB)
jewels.dll (597.3 KB)

…so what if I told you King had ActiveX games?

Update coming later, look out for an edit

1 Like

HEY SO THAT DROPBOX LINK UP THERE IS WAY OUTDATED, DON’T USE IT KTHNX

I’ve decided, after seeing how unviable trying to host some of the games would be, to move onto using Flashpoint to curate some of their games.

Most of you probably don’t care, but here’s what happened since the last time I posted;

• Zuma! Fucking finally, and it only took me 6 months and asking some Argentinan guy for help!
  • American Idol! Turns out the version of Royalgames still hosted was a demo. Sad!
  • Bejeweled 2! It only required a bit of hacking, but it works…kinda. You see, I had to turn on the debug mode for this game, which means each time you play, all the cascading gems are the same. Sad!
  • Chuzzle! Same as above.
  • Animal Athletes! Nobody cares about this one. Nobody.
  • Duck Pond Dash, unfortunately, even with the debug mode on, doesn’t work. The only other source is a loader hosted on several other websites, and I might need to reverse-engineer that. Problem is, even that used servlets. Yum!
  • Top Model, known as Model Studio in the US, despite still being hosted on Royalgames, works! This is the Top Model version that I hacked, as you can’t play that anymore. There’s not much of a difference.
  • Webracer Grand Prix, even with hacking, doesn’t work. Sad, but at least the race tracks look nice.
  • Amazing Adventures is the one PopCap game left that doesn’t work, and it probably never will.

Hi. It’s been 6 months and 2 days since I last updated this.

Updates to the previous reply;

This was because I was editing with ActionScript in JPEXS. That generally messes up, with rare exceptions. It works now.

Right, about that…

As it happens, I decided to turn the debug mode on with the p-code editor after learning the ActionScript editor was somewhat unreliable, and after putting it in my copy of Flashpoint Core, it loads.

Note how I didn’t say it works. That’s because the game is literally unplayable.

In case I have to be clearer, that is not what the game should look like. The game should look like this (excuse the low resolution);
This isn’t the same map, but you should still get it.

New stuff

Note: All of these are featured in Flashpoint; that’s where I add King stuff nowadays, as playing locally nixes out the multiassets and the games with sitelocks.

Midas Mahjong (Shockwave version): This works if you put it through Author mode in SPR.
Uno^3, Uno 3, or Uno: I found a variant online that works as the full version; the main problem is that all the fonts are Arial. Still runs, though.
Bunny Bon Bon: Found this online. Appears to have a small set of levels, but hey, it works.
Abracadabra: Found this online. Nothing special.
Farm King, Circus Surprise and Football Star: They just kinda work?
Mahjongg Fortuna, Funny Farm, Funny Safari, Carnival Shootout, Bomp Bomp, Chuzzle, Bacteria Hysteria, Cake Mania 2, and I Scream Ice Cream: Hacked them to work. Most of them aren’t randomized, which kills the fun when you know what the layouts are; exceptions include Bomp Bomp, Chuzzle, Mahjongg Fortuna, and I Scream Ice Cream.

Yeah, I’m done. You can go away now.

2 Likes

Hi. It’s been roughly a week since I last updated this.
This is more of a correction reply than anything.

Updates to prior replies

Right, about these…

So once upon a time, King decided to partner with the folks at Mochi to distribute some of King’s games on Flash game sites. This used a special subdomain; adgames.king.com. After the SWF attempts to connect to it and can’t, it shows

• Under maintenance page
  • In certain cases, what appears to be a King error page featuring a construction monkey with a wrench (and a small preview of the freeroll page, for some reason?)

Editing the SWF to change all instances of adgames.king.com gets most of these “ad games” working in JPEXS; after checking what it requests in Wireshark, it appears to POST to .../servlet/AdGameServlet to grab the data for the game as if it was on Royalgames. It then grabs a 310x198 version of the logo for whatever you’re playing, and loads to a start menu page.

There is no way in hell I will manage to get this working locally.

It didn’t work because editing the SWF with ActionScript corrupted it. I didn’t really need to ask him, but hey, he’s the Moe, he knows what he’s doing.

With a bit of help from LeoV on the Flashpoint discord server, we managed to get this game fully working and randomized.

No it wasn’t. The SWFs for Model Studio and Top Model are literally the same.

…right, here’s what I’ve found on 1 vs. 100.

Loading the page that I linked to has the Flash plugin blocked by Chrome. Kinda spooky, but whatever. It then loads .../ctl/PracticeGameControl.swf?1565025064807 (which contains some hilariously tiny text reading Starting...) before attempting to POST OpenGameServlet 4 times. The problem with this is that the POST lacks parameters or some stupid shit like that I don’t understand, so the servlet contains a whole bunch of nothing, making the game not load.

However, it appears that a flash loader is still up. Checking this in JPEXS however to look for potential assets reveals nothing more than disappointment;

{
   if(_root.percentDone != undefined)
   {
      _root.percentDoneTxt.text = _root.percentDone + "%";
   }
};

I’m just throwing shit around, but presumably it gets the asset to the game from the servlet, then uses this loader to show how much of the game has loaded?

This actually makes no sense. Whatever.

None of these will ever work, because the page where they would’ve been embedded has been lost to time and trying to Frankenstein my own didn’t work.

Luxor has been working since January. Somebody from the Sphere Matchers discord found it on a Chinese website.

That’s all.

It’s been 27 days since I last updated this.

UPDATES TO THE MAIN POST

You shouldn’t.

UPDATES TO PRIOR REPLIES

After doing a bit of research on King’s servlets, as I am a bit rusty at this, this appears to be the case. Let’s take a look at the Chain Reaction gameData servlet, shall we?

<server slot="123456789069420" response="0" playtime="2" playtime-ms="2214">
<game height="440" path="/games/chain_reaction.swf?_v=1knjs2i" playertype="flash" width="750"><gamedata skilllevel="3" timelimit="300" randomseed="1608270835" postdelay="3">
    <text id="score">SCORE</text>
    <text id="timeup">TIME UP</text>
    <text id="next_level">NEXT LEVEL</text>
    <text id="level">LEVEL</text>
    <text id="instruction">Touching molecules numbering 3 or more can be removed. To get a coin remove the molecule it is resting on.</text>
    <text id="levelup">LEVEL UP!</text>
    <text id="final">YOU GOT</text>
    <text id="end">END GAME</text>
    <text id="time">TIME LEFT</text>
    <text id="gameover">GAME OVER</text>
  </gamedata></game>
</server>

To be specific, this part;

<game height="440" path="/games/chain_reaction.swf?_v=1knjs2i" playertype="flash" width="750">

Thus, assuming 1 vs. 100 had its servlets formatted like this, I can only assume that, after recieving the servlet, the loader would pop up and begin loading the SWF for 1 vs. 100, and then the SWF would parse the XML data contained within the servlet and use it for the text and results of the game.

In other words, bullshit server emulation causes teenager to have aneurysm. More at 11.

New stuff

Jungle Bubble and Jungle Bubble Speed: As it happens, these both use the same SWF. Using the debug mode defaults to the speed version, however modifying the debug gameData from this;

<gamedata gametype=\"speed\">

to this;

<gamedata gametype=\"normal\">

gets it to use the graphics of Jungle Bubble; you just need to set the time limit to 300 seconds (or 5 minutes) and it’s basically like running the original.

Sudoku Sweep: I found this on one of the /partnerpages/ pages on Royalgames. It works locally, which is what I prefer when doing this; of course, this is impossible for Zuma or Luxor, etc, but that isn’t the point.

Amazing Adventures: Lost Tomb: Requests a XML with the debug mode on; presumably the debug data. This is also contained in the SWF; using this data after some black magic fuckery, however, doesn’t get the game working. It makes the game load the intro, but it doesn’t load the instructions, making the game unplayable.

Princess Peony, Puzzle Mana: Worked standalone.

I’m done. Howard is bald.

2 Likes

A note on the ActiveX game, Attaqua

As it happens, Flashpoint’s resident kiwi eientei95 was doing something related to the ActiveX games (looking for the files, perhaps) when he found out that the game Attaqua was multi-asset…by finding the external assets using some bullshit I don’t understand.

attaqua_game.zip (3.7 MB)
attaqua_title.zip (135.4 KB)

This, of course, doesn’t make the game any easier to get working properly; the game itself comes in a DLL, and ActiveX stuff needs to be .cab to work properly [citation needed]. Presumably the file KingComIE.cab still hosted on Royalgames has something to do with it.

That’s all. Next time I update this, hopefully I’ll have found the files for Crescendo Catcher.

2 Likes

A note on the King port of Zuma

In the Flashpoint server, Flashpoint’s resident kiwi eientei95 managed to get Zuma working without the need of hacks. I don’t exactly have anything else to say.

Hopefully, this means that the debug mode workaround will be made obsolete soon.

(Don’t try going to royalgames.com/zuma.html, it’s a 404 guaranteed. Eientei is using the confines of the Flashpoint web server for this.)

>10 hits
bruh