Anyone else use Waterfox?

I’d be using Pale Moon, but it’s pretty bad in a lot of ways.

It doesn’t support WebExtensions, and it’s not multithreaded.

No thanks.

3 Likes

i use chrome because i am braindead

6 Likes

fair

I used to, but swapped back to vanilla FF nightly after the privacy bullshit that happened.

i use the opposite element of foxes

1 Like

I don’t use Waterfox (I’ve actually never heard about it until you made this post lmao) BUT… hear me out
Don’t hate me for saying this… but… the Chromium version of Microsoft Edge actually replaced Firefox for me.
I was super skeptical going into it, but I gave it a shot after my boyfriend told me to, and ended up really enjoying it.
Yeah, it’s on Chromium, so Google still yoinks as much data from me as they possibly can, but in terms of vanilla Chrome VS vanilla Firefox VS Chromium Edge, I ended up enjoying Chromium Edge a lot more :flushed:

4 Likes

chromium in any wrapper is shit

6 Likes

i use normal firefox

Welp… I tried
Edit: I just realized how non-specific this is. “I tried” doesn’t mean “I tried to make a browser using Chromium” - I mean like "Welp, I tried to convince ya :frowning: "

have you seen ungoogled chromium

5 Likes

IIRC I used Waterfox for quite some time in mid-to-late-2018, however it was due to the Australis UI (This was before i even heard of Basilisk), i ended up switching later to ethier Firefox or Chrome.

1 Like

I use Edge (Chromium), never tried Waterfox
Honestly i don’t feel the need to as Edge is really fast and stable on my machine, so i’m happy with it

1 Like

Well I use Mypal on Win7 VM, and Chromium on host (Lubuntu).

Hmm What’s the difference?

ungoogled chromium (my definition): a fork of Google’s Chromium with most of Google’s integration removed/mitigated to make a clean browsing experience
spyware watchdog article

5 Likes

Ooh okay. maybe I’ll try it in the weekend :slight_smile:

Waterfox? A browser for @water ? Cool

5 Likes

water

voda

1 Like

wine

beer