[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

Here: Discord

I don’t really remember WLM 15 and WLM 16 as much as WLM 14.

2 Likes

For centuries, people have thought that messaging on WLM 2009 only remained in the clips of people’s childhoods…

But now, we’ve got it working again (kind of)! :stuck_out_tongue:

https://i.imgur.com/9CH2dHS.png

Thanks to @Cuki87, I finally got WLM 2009 to send messages. However, at the moment, WLM delays the messages when they are sent, and I hope to see what causes this. Still, the future’s looking bright for WLM 2009 support being implemented on Escargot anytime soon, and honestly, for me, this marks a big milestone in Escargot and MessengerGeek history, as Messenger Reviver users longed to use WLM 2009 again after MSNP18 got blocked on Microsoft’s servers a while after Reviver was released, and this may be the chance for them to use it again. For Escargot, at least everyone will be satisfied that WLM 2009 will exist in the flesh. :stuck_out_tongue:

29 Likes

Thanks alot @Cuki87 :'D

Using the “MSN Emulator”? by @Cuki87 ?

1 Like

Not really. He didn’t even make that public yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was the result of him forking the Escargot repo and coding up the fixes. He then invited me to the repo and I copied the code to my repo. That’s really about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

HYPE IS REAL part 2

3 Likes

When the source will be free to anyone? Is it hosted on github? gitlab?

If you need a server for testing, don’t hesitate to pm me :wink:

For @Cuki87’s server, I don’t think it’ll be public anytime soon.

As for the original Escargot repo and Cuki’s fork of it, they’re both on GitLab, but Cuki’s is private. @valtron’s, however, is open to the public with no restriction. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha I think my low-end PC can handle the very little traffic load I put my local server on while testing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cuki87’s fork is not public and it’s ok if you don’t want rn my server :wink:

LOL I just found out.

Will edit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi guys, my fork is now public. Go try some 2009 messaging on Escargot :wink:

10 Likes

O M G. But idk how to put it into work :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok, this is a great advance, the big day is closer and closer

5 Likes

Well, what do ya know? I had to remove some offending code to make WLM happy and send messages almost instantly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that that’s done, on to perfecting the rest of MSNP18! :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if it will be ready before September 6.

I wish, but there’s a bit more to finalize before considering WLM 2009 ready to go:

• Fixing up contact management so that it isn’t buggy

• Implement scenes, dynamic display pictures, and avatar syncing

• Implement Circles, or persistent group chats in WLM

• Test MPoP and see if it’s functional enough

And I don’t think that list will be completed within a couple weeks. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

if 2009 support is added, might actually upgrade, but half of my content packs still use wlm2011 badges
so… maybe in like some months then, still have to make support for even the most obscure content

3 Likes

Or December 22

Well, I am aiming for late 2018, so there’s that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like