[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

About the games? I want to play with my brother games when you finish.

What 2009 Version. Can I Download It?

It’s not patched for the moment, as the devs are stuck on a specific structure that requires reverse-engineering.

1 Like

i’m joining the hype train

Follow up to this reply:

Appears that the issue is specific to Windows 8.x and Windows 10, as Messenger defaults to using the Microsoft account service on those systems. Cuki told me something like this before, but over time I forgot about it. It was @TReKiE that refreshed my memory on the problem.

Now that the login issue is figured out, now I’m using a Windows 7 VM to test 2011 and 2012. Now I have another set of issues to deal with: the MSNP21 protocol itself. Right now (nerd alert) it’s the fact that CHG and original presence commands have been completely swapped with PUT XML payloads, which seems more complex to handle. Might make presence broadcasting a bit buggy and messy, but I hope to make it work. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

So you’re basically developping WLM 2011 and 2012 ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. Should be an interesting one to implement out of the other protocols, especially since messaging is done through the notification server, meaning less work for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

And WLM 2009 is forgotten ?

No, but since WLM 2009 and 2011-12 have the exact same patching issues, it’d be logical to start support on MSNP21. Then when we get the msidcrl issue fixed, we can patch those three versions simultaneously and release support for the two protocols.

4 Likes

Damn, once all of the versions will be supported then someone could remake Trekie’s MSN evolution video!

Windows 8+ users will not be able to use WLM 2009+?

Considering it’ll be patched anyway, not the case. And this is a WLM 2011/2012-specific issue, but it makes testing a bit hard on those platforms.

Does the 9.0 beta have the msidcrl issue?

if not, then 9.0 support could be released earlier.

Yes, it does. So that means we can’t release support for that, either. :confused:

1 Like

Damn, the only way to use WLM 2009 is by using a slightly inaccurate 8.5 theme to talk with people or by using a local server to talk with yourself.

After WLM 2009/2011/2012 support will be done… What’s next?

End of support for Escargot MSN and bring back the old Skypes :stuck_out_tongue:

just joke

I hope next thing is make some multi-games for msn, trying to fix VoIP and etc…

You give me an idea with your (Bring back the old Skypes :stuck_out_tongue:)

It already brought :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah it’s real :stuck_out_tongue: