[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

Do WLM 8.5 and older groups work on WLM 2009?

They’re named categories starting with WLM 2009, but yes.

I was talking about chat groups. Not about categories.

Ah. Yes those still existed in 2009. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sooo… WLM 2009 (without circles and etc) is almost done?

3 Likes

Yes! :smile:

4 Likes

Time to bring out my Vista VM.

What about patching?

Holy shit! Time to grab a WLM 2009 QFE2 MSI from @TReKiE!

since he has the MSI for it on the MG blog

That’s still an issue, especially since the reverse-engineer we had on board has awfully been inactive in recent months. :confused:

Also what about WLM 9.0?

I’ll look into that right after I get all the WLM 2009 stuff tested and finalized. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

A bit off-topic but… Why haven’t you implemented 8.x’s Sharing Folders?

What if we grab another program that uses the same circle software

If the official client doesn’t like how we handle Circles, then what’s the point of relying on third-party software? Also it was getting too complex for my taste anyway.

5 Likes

Yeah, i don’t know who used circles back when Microsoft supported WLM.

I’m guessing that WLM 2009 will be released earlier.

I predict that during the first week of WLM 2009 being released, 75-90% of users currently using WLM 8.5 will switch to WLM 2009.

3 Likes

MPoP support is going well, and almost everything is in fine condition. However, there’s an odd bug where an account’s endpoint in a switchboard session might be added to a chat roster two more times. It’s not a program-breaking bug, but it’s annoying and might cause other complications, and I hope to get it fixed ASAP. After some review of the other Messenger features, support might be considered done. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

FINALLY I CANT WAIT, THIS IS AWESOME!

2 Likes

He will go out when ?

do you have an official release date or a rough date?