[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

the problem with waiting comes when you take into consideration that Cuki87 (may have) quietly left out on Escargot as their last contribution to the fork was in August.

Last message they sent me was around November, and on their YouTube channel they uploaded a video a month ago (albeit not about JMSNE), which wasn’t that long ago. So for now waiting seems to be the best option. Trust me, his case is more tolerable compared to @ChetSimpson’s, who hasn’t updated us on his Yahoo! project or responded to my PMs about my questions on the intricacies of the Yahoo! Messenger client for over a year, yet while still following people on Twitter today. :unamused:

Turns out that with Circles, you aren’t supposed to see yourself in them, and since I was focusing on that, I was really worrying about nothing in that regard. Now I can focus on testing Circle invites and seeing if other users will display in the roster.

16 Likes

At the moment, I got Circle invites partially working. I can make the server send them to the invitee, or more accurately subscribe the invitee to the Circle and its addressbook and insert them in the Circle addressbook, which will result in a invite notification on the other end (the notifications don’t work in realtime yet, but that’s being looked into later). Unfortunately, when the invitee tries to accept the invite, the client doesn’t notify the server in any way, and they stay in pending limbo. I assume it has something to do with how I insert the invitee’s entry in the Circle addressbook or how I insert the hidden representative (the inviter as a contact entry with NetworkInfo) in the invitee’s individual addressbook. I hope to get the issue addressed soon and move forward with Circle progress.

13 Likes

Nice, very nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want a WLM 2009 experience in the mean-time (while it’s still incomplete) i founded this. It’s in spanish though.

You need Messenger plus. If you need help contact me. i can translate what it says

1 Like

Not interested. 7.5 and 8.x are OK with me for the time being. :slight_smile:

THE HYPE IS NEAR HERE
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IT’S TIME!!! *bdy seems unclear? is it the post that everyone calls shit?

that’s some tracking skills heh

3 Likes

hypercam 2 is free now

There are some people who still want the watermark. newer versions of hypercam removed it.

I was wrong [Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved! - #151 by TLWXPUser

(Edit: 300 post!)

(2nd Edit: I don’t wanna be a “Leo Historias” But WE WAITED 2 YEARS)

1 Like

Maybe he just tried with an un-patched version

there is no patched version of wlm 2009

Although i could be completly wrong because i haven’t heard anything other than the “circles” thing making everything slow down.

OhHelloThere said that he was waiting for Cuki… which has a fork. that was last updated 4 months ago…

The last update i’ve heard was this.

1. Cuki’s not a GitLab repo. He’s a person with a life like you and me.

2. I was relying on his knowledge on WLM 2009’s internals, not his outdated Escargot repo fork. But now that I’m working on circle invites, there’s nothing else I need to learn from him, since he’s stuck on those, too.

Doesn’t mean you have the right to hijack it. :unamused:

1 Like

I said “Which has a fork”. not “Which is a fork”.

@OhHelloThereImTheGuy doesn’t mean that @Cuki87 has a fork with fancy working code for WLM 2009. He might have a server for WLM written in Java but even then @OhHelloThereImTheGuy needs his knowledge of the MSNP protocol.

That was about his question on bans.

Also @Craftplacer I thought he meant Cuki was literally a Git repo with a fork.

2 Likes

hey stop the drama. Here, have some chocolate :chocolate_bar:

6 Likes