[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

:pog:

wlm 2009 on july 26th, 2020 for the 2 year anniversary of this thread

3 Likes

I have a question

Will this have an updated web architecture?

Got a prototype of the WLM 2009 wrapper installer working. Just have to refine some more things before I can consider it official.

Not sure what you mean by that. If you’re talking about the Escargot site then its architecture won’t be changed for the time being. If you just mean Escargot’s web server setup then that (sadly) also won’t change for some time.

5 Likes

No, the web browser powering WLM 8.5: That type of meaning

There’s already been a fix for that made 3 years ago, and it isn’t even anything too advanced to install.

2 Likes

Wow

Lol, didn’t even think about finding one so thank you for your assistance

1 Like

So probably, the msn 2009 will come out maybe next week. The nostalgia will be coming back :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

it may be too fast to estimate a date, it will only be better to be attentive and wait for the surprise n.n

6 Likes

Any more updates on this?

installer is still being worked on but its nearly done

3 Likes

Just wanna thank everyone for the hard work that has gone into this, I’ve been excited for this release since Escargot first became a thing. Let’s be patient, we haven’t got long to go now.

Let’s get this show on the road! :smiley:

14 Likes

I feel like this is like Half-Life: Alyx releasing, just so much wait but the result is worth it. :wink:

3 Likes

oh boi oh boi oh boi oh boi oh boiii

Dear Escargot Developers!
First of all, I would like to thank you for all your hard work bringing back most versions of our beloved MSN/WLM Messenger. I loved WLM 2009 so much, so I will definitely use that one if it becomes a reality.
I am using version 8.1 now on Windows 10 and (almost) everything is perfect, the only problem for me is the font size. I can set the style and size of the received message with Plus! up to 72 pt, but my own font can only be changed in the messenger, and the biggest size there is 16 pt. That 16 pt is toooo small (even with a larger or bold font) for a big monitor, I would need at least 20 or 22 pt for the text to be able to see it perfectly. The Menu text is very small as well and the animated big emoticons are also smaller than before. My contacts’ icon and name in the main windows are also small, so everything is too small, except the main and the conversation window :slight_smile: My question is: Could you do something to solve this issue? Can you remove the size restriction in the messenger or increase the upper threshold?
If I lower the resolution of my monitor, everything else will be huge, so it won’t be a solution for the problem.
Thank you very much in advance.
Kind regards, Cynthia

7 Likes

Greetings. Seems that you’ve been on the forum since the Reviver days. Always nice to see those people come back to check in on current Messenger-related events. Kind of like a breath of fresh air even. :slight_smile:

As for your problem, I don’t have much experience with this, but a friend of mine suggested that maybe messing with the display scaling should work. On Windows 10, go to the Settings, select System and then select the Display section (you should be on there by default however). You should have the option to fiddle with the display scaling under “Scale and layout”. Hope that solves your problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Darn, you had me thinking WLM 2009 came out, its fine though.
WLM 2009 should be coming out in a few weeks or so, installers are almost done for it.
I suppose i should say thank you too, I have been enjoying learning about these old services.

4 Likes

whats left is finishing installers and db migrations, and its done

2 Likes

Dear TheGuy, :slight_smile:
Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile: Well, I never gave up hope so I always checked this forum because I felt that someone will do magic here. :slight_smile: By the way, messing with the display scaling is not a good idea because it will resize everything else in the system, even if I change the value a little bit only. The problem is with the messenger itself because it shows everything small as a default, and although it does have the option of changing the font size (affecting only the messages), it is limited to 16 pt which is too small for these tired eyes of mine. :slight_smile: I do remember that I was suffering from the same problem when I started using the MSN Messenger in the “stone age”, but unfortunately I do not remember of the solution. Maybe the new WLM 2009 itself or the new version of Plus Live! had the option to make the font bigger than 16 pt. We’ll see it, when WLM 9 is in action. :slight_smile: Thanks again for everything, you made a lot of us very happy with your efforts.

3 Likes

Dear GrumpyCat,
Great news, we are very lucky to have people like yourself because you are the ones that are able to make dreams come true :slight_smile:

3 Likes